Chirping sound, when I touch the gas pedal

tibimakai

San Dimas CA
:
USA
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Lately, I have noticed some kind of chirping sound, when initially I touch the gas pedal. Does not happen every time, though.
Anybody experienced anything like this, or knows about a TSB?

I know, it sounds funny, but I would like to take care of it, if it's a power train warranty. Soon will expire.

Lately, I have noticed some kind of chirping sound, when initially I touch the gas pedal. Does not happen every time, though.
Anybody experienced anything like this, or knows about a TSB?
Loose water pump drive belt or serpentine belt? Loose serpentine belt is caused by bad tensioner.

I only have 44k miles on the car. Do you think, that it could happen at this mileage?
It is a good guess, but I know how it sounds a loose belt and I don't think this one is it.

Yesterday, I have toyed with it, while I was driving home and the chirping sound comes on, around 1300RPM. If I hold it there, the chirping sound stays as long as I hold it there.
Maybe, a heat shield resonates?

Yesterday, I have toyed with it, while I was driving home and the chirping sound comes on, around 1300RPM. If I hold it there, the chirping sound stays as long as I hold it there.
Or maybe the serpentine belt?

I will look at the belts later on, to eliminate them. To me, it seems like it is a metallic sound.

I will look at the belts later on, to eliminate them. To me, it seems like it is a metallic sound.

Look at the tensioner too..if it is leaking. If it is you could try asking for replacement under power train warranty.

Otherwise I came across this vid. Damn might be another useful trick for 303 protectant!! Protects interiors, seats, and now....belts LOL:)

Last edited:

Since you can duplicate it should be fairly easy to find. Get somebody to hold the RPM's and get down below the car and see if you can narrow it down. May be something loose. Check the muffler system (wear gloves or wait till car cools down) and see if anything is loose. Check the rear parts of the muffler since the sound can carry. What sounds like it's coming from the front may actually be coming from the back.

Look at the tensioner too..if it is leaking. If it is you could try asking for replacement under power train warranty.

Otherwise I came across this vid. Damn might be another useful trick for 303 protectant!! Protects interiors, seats, and now....belts LOL:)

Tensioners aren't covered under power train warranty

I use belt dressing to do much the same thing. back when I owned bad domestics. Well, I say bad, they were old and I was broke, so just a different thing I guess. I learned a lot.

Tensioner could be crapping out. I've gone through 1.5 already.

I agree. Belt dressing definitely is not a right solution to quiet a noisy belt. Unless somehow the pulleys got misaligned, you simply need a new belt.

Hey at least it'll look shiny.......right before it snaps out.

Tensioner could be crapping out. I've gone through 1.5 already.

Absolutely this. Just replaced mine a few weeks ago and problem solved. Mine likewise chirped when I gassed it, but more often when I gassed it and then AC was also on.

Tensioners aren't covered under power train warranty

Glad I got mine changed under the 3-year bumper to bumper warranty. :)

On skyactiv models, the tensioner is one of the parts to inspect for leakage and replaced before warranty expires. That said, I noticed 2017+ models now use fluid based engine mounts. arrgh.

Back