No Crank, No Start, Help Please!

What about the main relay?? I was doing some reading on that... Do you it's worth to try that before taking it in.. only $25 bucks.

You don't often see failures with those relays. Not saying it can't happen, just that it's rare. The exception being the fuel pump relay.

Best thing to do is what pcb suggested earlier, hold the key in the start position and run the shifter through the gears. Many times the contacts in the park sector fail, and moving the shifter to N will get it started.

If the car is stranded somewhere, apply +12v to the small wire on the starter to get it running. And if that doesn't work, you have a battery or ground issue.

What about the main relay?? I was doing some reading on that... Do you it's worth to try that before taking it in.. only $25 bucks.

Do This..

Disconnect the square connector going into your starter motor...
The one with the Black wire with a Yellow stripe.

Hook up a positive lead from a voltmeter to the connector on the wire ... Connect the negative probe to body ground.

There should be no voltage on that wire until the key is turned to start.

If you don't get+12 V while turning the key, the signal isn't getting through.

Then check for+12 V at the TR switch output...

Did you do all this stuff and then test for continuity between H and B ??!

Screenshot_2017-11-01-22-29-12.png

Last edited:
You don't often see failures with those relays. Not saying it can't happen, just that it's rare. The exception being the fuel pump relay.

Best thing to do is what pcb suggested earlier, hold the key in the start position and run the shifter through the gears. Many times the contacts in the park sector fail, and moving the shifter to N will get it started.

If the car is stranded somewhere, apply +12v to the small wire on the starter to get it running. And if that doesn't work, you have a battery or ground issue.

^^^ What he said... And me too... And the Factory Service Manual...

I had it towed today to mechanic. The cable going to the starter motor was not attached all the way. He only charged me $75. Which was nice. So.. even though the old starter tested okay when I took to shop it's possible it was bad and got banged around to work?? Makes no sense the old starter was fine and the cable was loose to begin with???? Crazy.....

Glad you got it going !!

I .. So.. even though the old starter tested okay when I took to shop it's possible it was bad and got banged around to work??...

I could see that... My friends truck suddenly wouldn't start once... I crawled under and smacked the big starter solenoid with a rock then it would start.
Same thing with with a friends outboard motor last year... He kept the rock in the boat until he replaced his solenoid.

Remember though,... Everything you replaced could have been tested with an ohmmeter or voltmeter right on the car to verify it's operation.
Even the old starter motor would have proven itself bad because you would have tested it before it got banged around.

Back