Q-1 Compact SUV sales figures

philsey

:
Toyota 4Runner
Just watching a Nissan Rogue commercial -- (audio) "Rogue is the number one selling compact SUV in America...".

Wut? That can't be right. A little Googling, and sure enough, here it is.

The percent at the end of the bar is gain Q1-17 over Q1-16.

I suppose Mango will be along to gloat, and some of your heads will explode over the relatively poor CX-5 standing.

Q1sales.PNG

Source: http://carsalesbase.com/us-sales-2017-q1-compact-suv-segment/

Interesting that the CRV is the most talked-about competitor here, and the Rogue is seldom discussed.

Discuss.

I suppose Mango will be along to gloat, and some of your heads will explode over the relatively poor CX-5 standing.

Why would my head explode?

Anyone who knows anything knows Mazda is a niche brand and their sales figures and their company philosophy reflects that.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Why would my head explode?

Anyone who knows anything knows Mazda is a niche brand and their sales figures and their company philosophy reflects that.

Dude, relax, pull the stick from your arse. You are sooooo defensive.

Dude, relax, pull the stick from your arse. You are sooooo defensive.

Umm you opened the thread with that line, not me. I simply answered.

I'm enjoying a beer right now and quite relaxed :)

As for the rogue, it is crap and the people buying them aren't even looking at Mazda because they don't know any better.

Last edited:
Umm you opened the thread with that line, not me.

I'm enjoying a beer right now and quite relaxed :)

As for the rogue, it is crap and the people buying them aren't even looking at Mazda because they don't know any better.

Well ... OK ... maybe I prodded just a little ... but it's ... so easy.

Agree on the Rogue. Only thing uglier is the Juke. (Wife calls it the Puke)

So, what's behind outselling CRV? Giving them away?

Well ... OK ... maybe I prodded just a little ... but it's ... so easy.

Agree on the Rogue. Only thing uglier is the Juke. (Wife calls it the Puke)

So, what's behind outselling CRV? Giving them away?
If I sounded defensive, that was not my intent, merely discussing what you asked to discuss. :)

CRV is Honda. Simple as that. People buy Honda's because it's a Honda.

At least it is a better vehicle than a Rogue. And I'll dog it all day long for the things I don't like about it, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a good car for the people it appeals too (I am not one of them).

Why are we trying to discuss the CR-V again in this forum? Why is it surprising that it is a top seller? Both CR-V and Rav4 are expected to be top sellers. The surprising thing here is how the Rogue is outselling both.

Last edited:
Rogue or X-Trail as it is known here is not a top selling SUV here. The updated model was released here recently and from the reviews I have read, it's 2.5L CVT combo is slow and uninspiring. No such comments about CX-5 and it's 2.5L 6 speed auto combo.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

for me this is good news, why would I want a car everyone else has, honestly, i saw THREE Lexus RX350's parked right next to each other today at target. I see them everywhere that it doesn;t stand out anymore for a $50K car. i could care less for them, basically over priced Highlanders

also the more popular the car, the more likely parts will get stolen, when I had my Maxima with the first HID systems in the market it got stolen TWICE , crooks popped the hood , cut the HID housing tabs and yanked it out and also the side mirrors got stolen.

Mazda is a niche company for people who like zoom zoom and great handling and Mazda knows this, Subaru's also are a niche company .... both build solid cars but for some reason not as popular as Toyota or Honda and that's just fine with me.....

people at work tell me all the time Hyundai are good too but I tell them not lately, Hyundai's used to be good, but read up on their overheating dual clutch transmissions and turbo hesitations (now that is scary)

Last edited:
for me this is good news, why would I want a car everyone else has, honestly, i saw THREE Lexus RX350's parked right next to each other today at target. I see them everywhere that it doesn;t stand out anymore for a $50K car.

also the more popular the car, the more likely parts will get stolen, when I had my Maxima with the first HID systems in the market it got stolen TWICE , crooks popped the hood , cut the HID housing tabs and yanked it out and also the side mirrors got stolen.

Mazda is a niche for people who like zoom zoom and great handling, Subaru's also are a niche company .... both build solid cars but for some reason not as popular as Toyota or Honda and that's just fine with me.....
Yeah my thought too.

While I am seeing way more CX-5s here now, it pales in comparison to CRVs, Rogues, etc.

I'll never be parked next to another CX-5 and definitely won't see 3 CX-5 s lined up all the same color in a parking lot like the CRVs and Subarus.

Edit: Subaru a niche company? Man, come to Colorado. They are as plentiful as the rogues and CRVs.

Last edited:
just watch, there will be a recall on Rogues...... crap CVT, test drove one, hated it

thing feels like a damn rubberband waiting to spin up

The 2017 wasn't readily available in Q1 so of course there wouldn't be an increase.

Mazda is a niche company for people who like zoom zoom and great handling and Mazda knows this..... but for some reason not as popular as Toyota or Honda and that's just fine with me.....

(now that is scary)

Most Toyotas here are sort of classified like white goods, boring/bland but do the job.

Mazda is seen as more sporty here and now with the new CX-5, trying to go a bit more premium without loosing their zoom zoom heritage.

..... The surprising thing here is how the Rogue is outselling both.

... which is actually why I started the thread. I wonder - are there lots of Rogues sold to the rental car market? I sure don't see that many. Maybe it's eye-self-defense.

Also echo the RX350 comment. I believe that model outsells all other Lexii combined. And the new one???? Yikes/ugly.

Back