Took lunch at work....ended up coming back with a 2017 CX-5 GT

Confirmed. I looked it up too.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

^^Optional USB charging ports in the rear seat drop down caddy thingy.

Mazda stated they changed the shape of the 2017 CX5 steering wheel. That could explain why it "feels different".

My husband said this exact same thing. It's not fully rounded more, oval. Kinda hard to rest just rest your palm, and do some palm steering. Just something to get used to.

So quick update. I didn't look closely enough. I get off of work late enough and early enough that its still dark out. And my bad. It is leather wrapped. Just not the same leather. Its a lot thinner then the Mazda3 I had so it feel like its just a normal steering wheel. Not clad in anything. Sorry. ONce again I suspect its because it's a heated wheel.

The bigger issue is I picked up a USB power meter off of amazon yesterday. Mazda cheaped out. While the rear USB ports are 2.1a.

USBMazda.jpg

The front are once again at most 1a because I suspect the module they have been using for a while to connect the ports to the infotainment system don't have an upgraded option:

hub1.jpg

This doesn't sound like a big deal until you go cross country playing music with a device plugged into the port. I learned this on my Mazda3 that its not enough to maintain the charge so 8 hours in you are at 50% charge. Its why I ended up getting a 12v quick charger for my car and the tablet I use for Google Maps. I can work around this, but for a 34K car, this is disappointing. I also suspect this is what will have to get upgraded if/when they go Android Auto. AA is a power hog. It WILL push the CPU on the phone resulting in power drain. So once again a cross country trip you will find your phone dead halfway through even though its plugged in. Meh.

Yeah, looks like my leather wrapped Touring wheel. OP...do you have a picture of your wheel? Curious as to what it looks like.

I'll take one tomorrow morning. Head out into the parking lot during a break. Like I said in the previous post I start early enough its dark out. :)

Can you take a pic of the HUD display?

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

I tried, but it wouldn't show up on my iphone camera. Like it wasn't even there. I've also heard you can't see anything in HUD though polarized sunglasses, but don't know if that's true or not yet.

I tried, but it wouldn't show up on my iphone camera. Like it wasn't even there. I've also heard you can't see anything in HUD though polarized sunglasses, but don't know if that's true or not yet.

It can be done, just adjust the exposure/brightness of the shot in your phone. Yes polarized sunglasses significantly diminish the quality of the display.

200113262b2724390cac92b39f02d79b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

So quick update. I didn't look closely enough. I get off of work late enough and early enough that its still dark out. And my bad. It is leather wrapped. Just not the same leather. Its a lot thinner then the Mazda3 I had so it feel like its just a normal steering wheel. Not clad in anything. Sorry. ONce again I suspect its because it's a heated wheel.

The bigger issue is I picked up a USB power meter off of amazon yesterday. Mazda cheaped out. While the rear USB ports are 2.1a.

USBMazda.jpg

The front are once again at most 1a because I suspect the module they have been using for a while to connect the ports to the infotainment system don't have an upgraded option:

hub1.jpg

This doesn't sound like a big deal until you go cross country playing music with a device plugged into the port. I learned this on my Mazda3 that its not enough to maintain the charge so 8 hours in you are at 50% charge. Its why I ended up getting a 12v quick charger for my car and the tablet I use for Google Maps. I can work around this, but for a 34K car, this is disappointing. I also suspect this is what will have to get upgraded if/when they go Android Auto. AA is a power hog. It WILL push the CPU on the phone resulting in power drain. So once again a cross country trip you will find your phone dead halfway through even though its plugged in. Meh.

Thinner leather for the heated wheel would make sense. I guess if it was too think it would not heat well.

That is too bad about the front USB. On my old iPhone, it never seems to charge very fast and now it makes sense.

Nope you can see it through polarized sunglasses. I just had to change the settings to manual and bump up the brightness to its highest level....because....sunglasses. =D

Back