Official 2017 2nd-Gen CX-5 EPA Fuel Economy Ratings Are Out

Sillyxones link doesn't work for me, but reading through the topics in the CR-V forum is kind of eye opening. Glad I got a Mazda. Lol

And thanks Jedi. Not sure why mine doesn't work.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Well I'm ok only seeing maybe only 1-5 other CX-5s in a day, as opposed to the 20+ CR-Vs, 10-20+ RAV4s, 10-20+ Hyundai Tuscans and Santa Fes, and a million Subaru Outbacks, Foresters, and Crossteks.

I see tons of CX-5's, and the others you list. It's all people drive around here who aren't in G-wagons, Tahoe's, or other larger versions of the same, it seems, aside from their funcars which are usually Camaro/Mustang/Viper/AMG/////M/ I have seen a few caged miata's, a Lotus, Romero 4C or three, few lambo Huracan's, etc. as well.

I see a lot, too I'd wager Mazdas are much more then 6% of the Cleveland market. 3 CX5s in my work parking lot. 0 CRVs...

I see a lot, too I'd wager Mazdas are much more then 6% of the Cleveland market. 3 CX5s in my work parking lot. 0 CRVs...

I can always park next to one no-matter where I go, it seems, if I want. Always see one at an intersection, etc. I see more CX-5's than mustangs almost. Around here, if something doesn't work, people get rid of it and buy something that does. It's comforting to see that people here like the CX-5. means it works.

Thank you :)

Nice.

Honestly, I would never have bought a manual CUV. The automatic should get better mileage, anyway, and it's a CUV. It's for convenience. Having to shift is not about convenience. Sure, I have DD'ed manuals for years, but if I'm in an SUV/CUV, screw that.

Nice.

Honestly, I would never have bought a manual CUV. The automatic should get better mileage, anyway, and it's a CUV. It's for convenience. Having to shift is not about convenience. Sure, I have DD'ed manuals for years, but if I'm in an SUV/CUV, screw that.

Agreed. Only vehicle I drove with a manual was a 97 Jeep Wrangler. That was the kinda vehicle I wanted a stick. The CX-5 is not.

Now some people find a stick part of the "fun" factor, which I can understand. But for me I was fine without it on the CX-5.

Last edited:
Sillyxones link doesn't work for me, but reading through the topics in the CR-V forum is kind of eye opening. Glad I got a Mazda. Lol

And thanks Jedi. Not sure why mine doesn't work.

Sorry, the link redirected to a search session, here's MangaConChile's posts on CR-V forum (or s/he can just introduce himself/herself to us):
http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums...d=264217&contenttype=vBForum_Post&showposts=1

At least s/he has first hand experience when talking about the new CR-V. However, all comparisons are meaningless without actually driving the CX-5. But then again, not everybody know/understand about this "fun driving" that most of us talk about. It's like a fox trying to explain to a fish how a flower smells good, the fish would just keep saying "bull$hit" because it can't tell what that feels like.

2whh1ld.jpg

Nice car, man! Not a fan of the rims, though. Did you get the Apple Car Play issue resolved?

Sorry, the link redirected to a search session, here's MangaConChile's posts on CR-V forum (or s/he can just introduce himself/herself to us):
http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums...d=264217&contenttype=vBForum_Post&showposts=1

At least s/he has first hand experience when talking about the new CR-V. However, all comparisons are meaningless without actually driving the CX-5. But then again, not everybody know/understand about this "fun driving" that most of us talk about. It's like a fox trying to explain to a fish how a flower smells good, the fish would just keep saying "bull$hit" because it can't tell what that feels like.

Did you really find his information on the CR-V site?

Did you really find his information on the CR-V site?

No, I was just curious why the user showed up on a CX-5 forum just to praise the CR-V. Given the username is quite unique, I Googled for "mangoconchile cr-v", and the first link pointed to that forum profile. The link I posted up there is just a list of posts of that account on the CR-V forum. That's why I asked if that the same user, and we kinda just assumed so.

Looks like 7eregrine skimmed through those posts and found a picture/photo of mangoconchile's CR-V :)

Some gems from CRV forums

For UNO:
I also took a road trip in my Touring AWD from Los Angeles to Elko NV(about 1200 miles round trip). My MPG was was around 24-25 however I should note I was going 80-90 mph for most of the trip. Also... so city mpg is 21 and hyw is 24? Wow what is this a Nissan Armada?

I'm having an issue with my Carplay in my Touring CRV. I would say 80% of the time when I connect my IPhone 7, it will go into CarPlay mode then disconnect about 30 seconds later telling me no device...

I reset my Network Settings in my IPhone, it fixed the issue for a while but now its back. Is there a permanent fix for this?

What does this mean exactly? And thank you for posting this. I am also having the same disconnect issue and thought taking it into the dealer would be pointless as they would not know what to do with...

I did try that but it disconnected again. I'm going to wait until Apple releases this new IOS update(10.3). It's supposed to change some of the functionality on CarPlay to make accessing some of the...

So now you have a car and one of its big selling points - you are at mercy of Apple and Google to fix the problems. Now I do understand why Mazda does not want to offer something that it has zero control over. also a post that read Honda Nav Sucks - its a $1000 option. Go figure.

Another reason mango is going full in to defend his CRV seems he paid 37K for it. Lol.

Last edited:
Btw in my FWD except for the first two fill ups I have never hit below city mpg. NEVER EVER. Right now I am almost doing city and hitting 27.5 mpg. Driving hard if i want. If i did this with CRV, i would be doing 21 or 22. Or i would have a gps that avoids most of the inclines declines cause the turbo would kick in and my mpg would go way down.

Hahahaha.

CR-V buyer's remorse thus trolling a CX-5 forum?

What attracted me to the cx5 was reliability. That is what's getting people like me who drive sports cars for fun, and appliances for convenience, to the Mazda world. They are no longer a joke. They work well and hold up well. So now we are getting our grocery getters from here, and we just don't know why you guys won't buy a miata or corvette or something and insist on extolling the racing aspect of an appliance. Sure, it can be driven sportily, anything can. The fact that it's dog slow and has low limits of adhesion and is top heavy just makes us wonder why you bought it if you really meant to have a miata.
Not really following. Why would you get a Miata or Corvette as a grocery getter? One trip to Costco with the family will prove that CUVs have their place in our lives. Oh wait, you can't bring your family to Costco in a Miata or a Corvette, you can only take one of them. Just because a CX-5 is used as a grocery getter, doesn't mean it should drive like an appliance. Otherwise, why bother with brands like Porsche, BMW or Mazda?

No one is racing their CX-5s. At least, I don't know anyone who is. I'm not racing it on the streets. That said, that won't stop me from having fun taking that curvy off-ramp off the tollway. Why should people be penalized with a boring drive when they decide to buy a grocery getter?

Yes, anything can be driven sportily, but that doesn't mean it will be fun. Would you rather drive sportily to the grocery in a Buick Rendezvous or a Mazda CX-5? A mini-van or a Mazda CX-5? Of course performance cars can be driven sportily to a grocery store, and it will be really fun, but then you're back to my point above.

Not everyone can have a Miata in their garage. Everyone's lives and circumstances are different. It could be they couldn't afford a second car, or they don't have space in their garage, or they have kids and need a family car, etc etc... I don't think people who bought CX-5s secretly wanted to have a Miata. Why would they? If they need a family car, your choices from Mazda are either the Mazda6 or CX-5. Again just because the CX-5 is a grocery getter, doesn't mean it shouldn't be fun to drive.

Hahahaha.

CR-V buyer's remorse thus trolling a CX-5 forum?

I know too funny. And he priced his car at 37K!

The lowest MPG I have ever observed with my CX-5 is 19.98 (January 29th,2014). That was early in my owning the car and I would warm the car up forever. I don't think I have ever gotten below 26 on the highway - and if I did it was because of being stuck in traffic and not because I was going 70-80 MPH.

Last edited:
I know too funny. And he priced his car at 37K!

The lowest MPG I have ever observed with my CX-5 is 19.98 (January 29th,2014). That was early in my owning the car and I would warm the car up forever. I don't think I have ever gotten below 26 on the highway - and if I did it was because of being stuck in traffic and not because I was going 70-80 MPH.

$37k?! HAhahahahaha.

Honestly, I don't track my MPG that much anymore, but when I was doing highway driving primarily when I first bought the CX-5, I was definitely getting 28-30 MPG.

Now I'm primarily city driving with the highway stuff on the weekends.

Not really following. Why would you get a Miata or Corvette as a grocery getter? One trip to Costco with the family will prove that CUVs have their place in our lives. Oh wait, you can't bring your family to Costco in a Miata or a Corvette, you can only take one of them. Just because a CX-5 is used as a grocery getter, doesn't mean it should drive like an appliance. Otherwise, why bother with brands like Porsche, BMW or Mazda?
Buy a second car?
No one is racing their CX-5s. At least, I don't know anyone who is. I'm not racing it on the streets. That said, that won't stop me from having fun taking that curvy off-ramp off the tollway. Why should people be penalized with a boring drive when they decide to buy a grocery getter?
It's a trade off for better resale value, more amenities, and a nicer ride. Some people don't want that trade though, and that's cool, too!

Yes, anything can be driven sportily, but that doesn't mean it will be fun. Would you rather drive sportily to the grocery in a Buick Rendezvous or a Mazda CX-5? A mini-van or a Mazda CX-5? Of course performance cars can be driven sportily to a grocery store, and it will be really fun, but then you're back to my point above.
I drove everything in a lively manner. Probably the Crown Vic was my funnest "not fun car". It was a P71 interceptor that we shoved a 5.4L engine into. It would drift very neutrally around corners...It wasn't a sports car though, and I sold it and bought one because it's what suited me.
Not everyone can have a Miata in their garage. Everyone's lives and circumstances are different. It could be they couldn't afford a second car, or they don't have space in their garage, or they have kids and need a family car, etc etc... I don't think people who bought CX-5s secretly wanted to have a Miata. Why would they? If they need a family car, your choices from Mazda are either the Mazda6 or CX-5. Again just because the CX-5 is a grocery getter, doesn't mean it shouldn't be fun to drive.

True, that last bit. Not everyone can, and in that case, you do what you can do, I respect that. I've always just been a very purpose driven kind of person. If I cannot have the right tool for the job...I do not do the job. My CX-5 is not the right tool for the job, so I don't really try to do the job with it. YMMV, to each their own.

$37k?! HAhahahahaha.

Honestly, I don't track my MPG that much anymore, but when I was doing highway driving primarily when I first bought the CX-5, I was definitely getting 28-30 MPG.

Now I'm primarily city driving with the highway stuff on the weekends.
Oh sweet lord! $37k on that thing?! Hell. No.

Not for any boring CUV that can't even break into the 13's on a good day going down a hill in mine-shaft air. ROFL!. No.

Back