2016.5 Break in Period - I did mostly the opposite in my first 500 miles.

Kaps

Contributor
:
CX-5 Touring 2016.5
I got my new ride, on the way back from the dealership I was racing off stop lights in sport mode. Having too much fun. Since then i have had some quick starts and small 30 min interstate drives.

Now the break in mentions don't do this and treat your brakes gently (which I did). But the accelerate moderately bit was not done maybe 10 - 12 times.

Hoping its not a big deal, also keeping the RPMs varied was mostly done.
As I said, I read the break in procedure now after my first fill up and I am at 500 mark.

Should I be conservative for next 500? will it help? I plan to keep this till 80K mark but want the next guy to enjoy what is a fantastic vehicle.

Thanks
K

Relax and enjoy your vehicle...

(drive)

No reason to worry about "next 500", just keep the tires aired and rotated, and the oil changed at proper intervals. These cars and their motors are very reliable.

Just drive decently without high rpms>3,500 or WOT for more than a few seconds. Pretend you are starting over.

thank you all. I will rotate tires and align once a year doing 14K miles. Hope that should be ok. I rarely offroad and those 14 would be highway mostly.

I got my new ride, on the way back from the dealership I was racing off stop lights in sport mode. Having too much fun. Since then i have had some quick starts and small 30 min interstate drives.

Now the break in mentions don't do this and treat your brakes gently (which I did). But the accelerate moderately bit was not done maybe 10 - 12 times.

Hoping its not a big deal, also keeping the RPMs varied was mostly done.
As I said, I read the break in procedure now after my first fill up and I am at 500 mark.

Should I be conservative for next 500? will it help? I plan to keep this till 80K mark but want the next guy to enjoy what is a fantastic vehicle.

Thanks
K

if you have an OBD scanner, scan you OBD and see if your O2 sensor monitor is working, mine wasn't monitoring until I reached 1000 miles today. Also make sure all your other monitors are working, now's the time to make sure and have dealer fix anything while it's still under warranty. Last thing you want is a bad catalytic convertor out of warranty.
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123856516-Oxygen-Sensor-O2-monitor-incomplete-brand-new-2016-5-CX-5

this OBD scanner is pretty basic but works well, it can read check engine codes and clear check engine light
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Last edited:
Back