Which mats to get ?

seev.1

:
cx5 2015
Hi guys,
Just got a 2016.5 white GT. I did not get the all weather floor mats and have the default carpet ones which look flimsy.

What mats are people getting? Any recommendation and links to where're to buy decent ones at good price

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys,
Just got a 2016.5 white GT. I did not get the all weather floor mats and have the default carpet ones which look flimsy.

What mats are people getting? Any recommendation and links to where're to buy decent ones at good price

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd heartily recommend http://www.carmats-uk.com/ as they are great value, fantastic products and REALLY quick. I got four mats, heavy duty and were even customised for me and my good lady!

3D MAXpider Complete Set Custom Fit All-Weather Floor Mat for Select Mazda CX-5 Models - Kagu Rubber (Black)

I have these and love them, great fit, and look really good !!!

I have OEM all weather mats as the price is reasonable. There are other options but the expensive WeatherTech all weather mats have some major flaws. Here are some reviews on WeatherTech from another long thread: All Weather Mats...Which?

So My wife ordered a set of the weathertech floor liners for me for my birthday. I was actually looking to go with the 3D maxpider ones off amazon since they were cheaper, but I thought, it doesn't really matter. We have weather techs in her audi and they fit great and have held up well. The liners showed up yesterday I did a test fit with the drivers side and I have to say I am not impressed with the fit at all. I expected much better for the price we paid for them. let me try to explain the issues here and maybe someone can help with the questions or has had similar experiences.

1) The right grommet in the drivers area seems like it only in the carpet and not attached to anything underneath and it feels like the grommet is sitting on top of some sort of plastic under the carpet, perhaps the duct for the floor heat/AC under the drivers seat. Does anyone else have this issue? Because of this the liner does not what to lay down in the right rear and the fit is about 1" to 1.5" off the carpet in that corner.

2) The left front area of the liner does not sit up against the outer part of the footwell just before it meets the dead pedal area, again its pushed away by about an inch. Seems sloppy to me but it could just be it needs time settle in to the area and relax after being stuffed into a box.

3) The area around the gas pedal is disappointing to say the least. The little lip at the base of the pedal is very short and does not look like it would catch much water or debris. It also sits a ways back from the pedal leaving a good "channel" for anything on the bottom of my shoe (ie, snow, slush etc) to run down the pedal and onto the carpet, not the liner. And the liner doesn't cut into the pedal very well from the left side, they're is quite a bit of space that could have been covered up.

4) The Dead pedal coverage only goes half way up the dead pedal and the liner will not fit with my make shift thread I put there. I have to remove the thread I velcroed in place and my foot rests mostly on the part that is exposed.

Has anyone else seen these issues or am I just crazy? Are the 3D maxpider liners any better of a fit? And what about the grommets, they seem like they should be attached to something or at least sit a bit further down against the floor pan. Thanks for the help.
The Weathertech are great in every aspect... Except for one thing. They didn't raise the plastic to prevent dirt from filling the base of the throttle pedal. Stupid flaw.
I couldn't agree more. I purchased the Weather Tech liners because I've had great experiences in the past, but how they designed the liner by the gas pedal is a HUGE flaw. We park on a slight incline and any water held in by the liner, drains right into the gas pedal area flooding the carpet underneath. If there is any standing water on the mat, eventually it will flow into that area which does not have a lip.....completely useless.

I got some Weathertech liners for my wife's car for Christmas. They're OK. Not as good as I was expecting for the money.

Hi guys,

Thanks

Don't get the OEM all weather mats that the dealer sells. They're crap. Mine turned a nasty gray in a couple months. They look like they're salt stained although they turned during warm weather. I cannot get them back to their original black appearance. I've tried everything to clean them. My last option is black spray paint.

Agree with above comment. Don't buy the OEM ones. Mine too turned gray in less than 2 months.

Which mats to get?

Don't get the OEM all weather mats that the dealer sells. They're crap. Mine turned a nasty gray in a couple months. They look like they're salt stained although they turned during warm weather. I cannot get them back to their original black appearance. I've tried everything to clean them. My last option is black spray paint.
i saw some people do have such problem - color faded to gray! Our OEM all weather mats don't have this problem after 11 months of usage. I believe Mazda has fixed the problem. In fact, I don't mind gray floor mats so that it can make boring and dark all-black interior looks livelier!

Agree with above comment. Don't buy the OEM ones. Mine too turned gray in less than 2 months.
There must be a big batch of OEM all weather mats having this problem. I'd get these exchanged as they should be covered under accessory warranty.

I have the Husky Liner WeatherBeater. There's some past discussions on this forum about mats for CX-5, people have mentioned that the WeatherTech doesn't cover the dead pedal (where you put your left foot to rest). I've been using the Husky on my wife's Accord for 2 years, the one for CX-5 is a little thinner, but is just as good. Cleaning is quite easy, just pull it out, hose it, and some scrubbing with soap will put it back to like brand new. For winter, it's not slippery at all with snow and water puddling in there. I got it from AutoAnything, they have 20% discount from time to time.

Last edited:
i saw some people do have such problem - color faded to gray! Our OEM all weather mats don't have this problem after 11 months of usage. I believe Mazda has fixed the problem.

There might be a bad batch of OEM all-weather mats but the ones delivered with my new car back in 2012 and that have been in constant usage including two scrubbings with car wash soap still look like the day I got them. The car has never been garaged. They're kind of heavy but that helps them absorb some road noise on roads that don't have a smooth finish.

So, no, there are a lot of good OEM all-weather mats.

I got these back in AUG for my 2016.
3D MAXpider Complete Set Custom Fit All-Weather Floor Mat for Select Mazda CX-5 Models - Kagu Rubber (Black)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I picked those after reading everything I could find on this site and a bunch of other reviews. I even reviewed it on Amazon:

I am extremely happy with these mats. I ordered them the day before I picked up my new Mazda CX-5, and they got here the day after I brought the car home. Over the following weekend I ran to the grocery store and picked up a bunch of stuff, including a bunch of six pack plastic bottles of soda, but I left them in the backseat floorboard till I needed them the following week. Well, when I went to get them out of the car, I realized there was a standing puddle of soda all the bags were sitting in. A bunch of the bottles had loose caps and one of the 6 packs had turned over and leaked out. most of 3 bottles were empty, and the other three had some missing. I was really pissed off, expecting the soda to be all over the carpet of my new car. I got all the soda out, soaked up the standing liquid with paper towels, and then carefully lifted out the mat. None of the soda had gotten through the mat! They had contained the puddle for who knows how long, and it was a good bit of fluid. I just took the whole mat over to the hose and sprayed it off. Good as new. These are so worth the money.

They are very sticky/grippy on the bottom and don't move once they are down in place. I drive a ton, putting over 8,000 miles on my car in the last couple of months and I almost always have muddy/sandy boots, and the driver mat still looks great, though I plan to take them to the hose soon. I do like that the gas door lever isn't covered as some other mats do.

I will add to that this past week with the crazy storm here in the east, I went out to go to work last week and when I opened the door I saw that the mat had a frozen block of ice in the bottom. When I had driven the day before some snow melted off my boots, and a puddle formed in the mat. Overnight the puddle froze. I just picked the block up and threw it out on the ground. Pretty awesome.

I have the OEM black all-weather mats and they still look black after 1-3/4 years (came with the car when new). They are heavy thick rubber, and hold lots of debris. Nothing wrong with them.
I see the weathertech would get a little more coverage along the sides. But regardless of what kind you get, you will NEVER get coverage by the gas pedal. Sort of where you need it the most, but since the pedal is attached to the floor, it's pretty much impossible.
As for the back seat, we rarely have anyone back there, so the OEM's work fine. If you have kids jumping in and out, it maybe worth getting the WT since they cover more carpet.

I too use the OEM Mats. They can turn gray from uncleaned dirt. To clean them, I first shake them to release unattached dirt then scrub them with a wet cloth. This is not difficult. However, if you constantly get dust on your shoes, it will immediately show on the mats as they are black. If this thing bothers you and you often walk in dust, perhaps get something different, e.g. not black, which will not make it so visible. Personally, I don't clean them more than once a month and I do keep my car clean.

It would have been nice if the OEM mats covered the dead pedal. The backseat mats are small for kids, but I don't see how *any* mat will cover enough area, like the lower part of the back of the front seats, etc. :) When my son was younger, on trips I knew had potential for much dirt, I simply cover the entire area with plastic, so he would not need to be careful and cleaning was easy.

No issues w/the black OEM mats. I would love for them to extend just a bit further back towards the seat, but they are doing the job. I found a thread from a while back where someone created their own dead pedal...did that and it seems to be doing the job protecting the carpet. Can't wait for spring to de-salt the inside!

Back