All Weather Mats...Which?

Looks a lot like the 3D maxpider. covers dead peddle and has nice lip to keep spills in. The rear are nice too.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Also noticed the 3D Maxpider does leave a notch for the fuel tank door.

As long as only you drive the car but if you get mats that COVER the fuel door, someone might be looking around for hours trying to find the fuel release door (argh)

Last edited:
I like covering the fuel door because on my Mazda 3, in the winter I got so much salt and water there that it seems to have rusted my fuel door release switch :(

Got my Findways in today - seems to be pretty nice and look like factory pieces! I'm sure the weathertechs and others may be a lot more durable but for the price and the look they can't be beat. I will say the back seat piece isn't perfect - the hump in the middle appears to be slightly too wide/long vs the car, but not too much of a big deal really. I may even try to get an extra set of hands to stretch them out a little. They do incorporate the lumps for the seat belt retainers, etc so I'm impressed. FYI for the back ones I tucked them under the front seat tracks a little which helps hold them in place.

Pics here: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/mz40vfhairtep8i/AAD_OMekeHUi5-MseruM_4WMa

Thanks for sharing the pics. The black ones look nice.

I was deciding to between the Findways or the 3D Maxpiders in Classic Carpet. I decided to with the 3D Maxpiders. It fits well, not perfect but it's good enough.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

P1000880.JPGP1000879.JPGP1000881.JPGP1000882.JPGP1000883.JPG

Weathertech is the best.
The Weathertech are great in every aspect... Except for one thing. They didn't raise the plastic to prevent dirt from filling the base of the throttle pedal. Stupid flaw.
I couldn't agree more. I purchased the Weather Tech liners because I've had great experiences in the past, but how they designed the liner by the gas pedal is a HUGE flaw. We park on a slight incline and any water held in by the liner, drains right into the gas pedal area flooding the carpet underneath. If there is any standing water on the mat, eventually it will flow into that area which does not have a lip.....completely useless.

One thing to note is that the OEM ones are rubber. I could be mistaken, but I believe the other two brands being mentioned, WeatherTech and Husky are both plastic. They look and feel different. The OEM rubber ones are short in the back by a few inches. They don't reach as far back as the stock carpets. I found that odd, but okay with it nonetheless. So far I'm liking it. Haven't taken it skiing quite yet.

OEM ones online are about $135 including the rear trunk one! I should have done that. Paid $100 from the dealer plus tax and it didn't include the rear which is about $85 or so if purchase separately online. Grrrr....

So My wife ordered a set of the weathertech floor liners for me for my birthday. I was actually looking to go with the 3D maxpider ones off amazon since they were cheaper, but I thought, it doesn't really matter. We have weather techs in her audi and they fit great and have held up well. The liners showed up yesterday I did a test fit with the drivers side and I have to say I am not impressed with the fit at all. I expected much better for the price we paid for them. let me try to explain the issues here and maybe someone can help with the questions or has had similar experiences.

1) The right grommet in the drivers area seems like it only in the carpet and not attached to anything underneath and it feels like the grommet is sitting on top of some sort of plastic under the carpet, perhaps the duct for the floor heat/AC under the drivers seat. Does anyone else have this issue? Because of this the liner does not what to lay down in the right rear and the fit is about 1" to 1.5" off the carpet in that corner.

2) The left front area of the liner does not sit up against the outer part of the footwell just before it meets the dead pedal area, again its pushed away by about an inch. Seems sloppy to me but it could just be it needs time settle in to the area and relax after being stuffed into a box.

3) The area around the gas pedal is disappointing to say the least. The little lip at the base of the pedal is very short and does not look like it would catch much water or debris. It also sits a ways back from the pedal leaving a good "channel" for anything on the bottom of my shoe (ie, snow, slush etc) to run down the pedal and onto the carpet, not the liner. And the liner doesn't cut into the pedal very well from the left side, they're is quite a bit of space that could have been covered up.

4) The Dead pedal coverage only goes half way up the dead pedal and the liner will not fit with my make shift thread I put there. I have to remove the thread I velcroed in place and my foot rests mostly on the part that is exposed.

Has anyone else seen these issues or am I just crazy? Are the 3D maxpider liners any better of a fit? And what about the grommets, they seem like they should be attached to something or at least sit a bit further down against the floor pan. Thanks for the help.

So My wife ordered a set of the weathertech floor liners for me for my birthday.
Sorry to hear WeatherTech floor liners don't live up to your expectation. I guess SayNoToPistons and JOE MAMA's opinions are correct (see post #188 above). You can't return them as they're your wife's gift....

I like Canadian only Mazda OEM premium floor liners but they are not available here. For the money, Canadian Findway liners would be my choice as it has good fit and costs only $108 USD shipped to the US. But now I stuck with OEM All-Weather Floor Mats.

Why wouldn't I be able to return them? If I'm not happy with the product, I'll return it

Why wouldn't I be able to return them? If I'm not happy with the product, I'll return it
Yeah, you can return them and Amazon may even pay for the shipping, as long as your wife agrees... (whistle)

Just purchased the 3D MaxPiders for the front, $79 shipped from Amazon. When they arrive I will take pictures and post.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Just wanted to post, for anyone looking for the Findway mats... I emailed the owner today and asked if he knew when they'd be back in stock. He replied saying they'd be available later today. Low and behold, 2 hours later, available for order! Just ordered a set myself.

http://www.findway.ca/F518-Style-3D-Car-FLoor-Liner/Mazda/CX-5/2016

I wonder if he makes them on site and just produces them on demand? I've had my eye on the site for over a month waiting for them to be available, seems all it took was an email :)

I just ordered a set of Findway (F518) Winter Mats for my 2016 CX-5 - GT.

The two front ones fit fine but the rear one which is one piece seems a bit too big and to me does NOT fit correctly.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Just wanted to know before I contact Findway.

I just ordered a set of Findway (F518) Winter Mats for my 2016 CX-5 - GT.

The two front ones fit fine but the rear one which is one piece seems a bit too big and to me does NOT fit correctly.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Just wanted to know before I contact Findway.

bbtfastback also purchased the Findway liners recently. He posted pictures of his fitment and initial impressions in post #165:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...r-Mats-Which&p=6397761&viewfull=1#post6397761

You may want to message him to see how the fitment is for his CX-5.

According to Canada post, mine are actually arriving today. I'll post a follow up here tomorrow and let you know!

According to Canada post, mine are actually arriving today. I'll post a follow up here tomorrow and let you know!

Looking forward to your feedback.

I also read from another member that the back one does NOT fit perfectly !!

(Findway 518 Winter Mats)

Back