The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

Everyone here saying they can live without A/C in a daily driver has obviously never lived in the SE U.S. Heat is fine. High humidity sucks. No amount of high speed + windows down will offset 80+% humidity.

If I lived in Texas, yes, but I manage ok in NE Ohio. Not saying I won't attempt to find all the AC parts and install it for road trips, but we can manage without.

I could live with out A/C if I had too, but I don't feel as though I have to. The Camaro will even have A/C

I love A/C, I will even drive the Miata with the top down and the A/C on, but I guess I'm just old.

Whassup !!??!!

To any of you remaining Mazda 6 guys... How difficult is it to replace all 4 02 sensors? My car is going into the shop tomorrow, just want to get an idea so I know if I'm being ripped off or not on labor charges.

Thanks!!

two of them are "easy" and two of them are a real pain. One is pinned against the radiator, the other is between the firewall and the engine block, where the exhaust does it's loop around.

I figured there would be some cancer I'd have to deal with. I just have to check how much this weekend.

I'm not terribly familiar with the P5, but I figured wheel wells, back hatch, and hopefully not the frame rails

I sure hope the strut towers aren't too bad. Glad that I won't have to worry about the unibody for the most part. We are going to take a look on Sunday

58656477.jpg

I've been thinking about the 6 lately, and really want to try to get it running this year. The current status includes the installed motor, which turns over, but slowly, and seems to hit the compression stroke hard. It has a new starter and battery. I'm starting to think the power and ground cables may be compromised when the swap happened. I was going to try to take some of the 4GA wire I have sitting in the garage and making a cable from the positive terminal to the positive on the starter, and a negative terminal to one of the bolts holding the starter in (replacing the terminal clamps completely).

Anyone think this may get the stupid thing started? Any other ideas on what to check? My only other thought has to do with the tension on the timing chains, but it involves pulling the timing cover, which is a pain either way I do it.

slow work week, on the plus side, I'm almost finished with all my accounting homework for the semester that ends in May.

Back