What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Cleaning my maf (and throttle body since it was packaged together) with some CRC
51daNP3nFUL._SS135_.jpg

I was in china my coworker there bought it for me, I think I paid him $12 bucks. def. not worth 32 bucks

Finally got my DRL and license plate LED lights installed... I had some issues with fitment and wrong items shipped but finally got everything in and working tonight.

Ordered and put on some Black Mica mirror caps

zl4HhjS.jpg

That angle makes the wheels look so puny in their wells. Next is larger wheels to fill everything out when I get a chance.

Where'd you find the black caps? Very nice, I like...How much?

I got them from onlinemazdaparts.com. They were 40 something a piece and came pre painted. These are the actual mirror caps for a Black Mica car, I just popped off my white ones and stuck these on. I like that I can go back if I don't like them anymore plus they look a lot nicer than if I had just plastidipped my mirrors

Nice looking car.
Bigger wheels won't fill up anything, it will be the same diameter wheel over all.
After you change the wheels to bigger size, the gap will seem even bigger.
Rule is to lower the car first, then get bigger wheels.

Nice looking car.
1.Bigger wheels won't fill up anything, it will be the same diameter wheel over all.
2.After you change the wheels to bigger size, the gap will seem even bigger.
3.Rule is to lower the car first, then get bigger wheels.
1. Agree 100%
2. Absolutely incorrect. Increasing wheel diameter moves the "metal" out closer to the fender and decreases tire section height which creates the illusion of decreasing reducing fender gap. That is unless you install black wheels, then all bets are off!
3. IMO, this is good advice.
Sorry, my color scheme got messed up. Too much trouble to edit!

I was meaning the width of the wheels, not the diameter. The rear offset looks horrible as the wheels are so inset and skinny.

Actually I think the plastidipped wheels look worse than the wheel gap.

In the last few days, installed a Curt class III hitch for my Kuat NV bike rack, mounted a set of factory 19's on it for now (going to sell and upgrade to 20's), and yesterday installed a Morimoto HID kit from Lightwerkz with their HD relay harness. Very happy with the HID upgrade, used the 35w system with 4300w H11 bulbs, looks very factory and the beam cutoff with the projectors is very crisp. Plan on installing my H&R sport springs in the next couple weeks when I have time.

In the last few days, installed a Curt class III hitch for my Kuat NV bike rack, mounted a set of factory 19's on it for now (going to sell and upgrade to 20's), and yesterday installed a Morimoto HID kit from Lightwerkz with their HD relay harness. Very happy with the HID upgrade, used the 35w system with 4300w H11 bulbs, looks very factory and the beam cutoff with the projectors is very crisp. Plan on installing my H&R sport springs in the next couple weeks when I have time.
nice

Brought my car back to the dealer today to fix my driver side mirror shake. They ended up replacing the whole assembly, no shakes at all on my drive home.

Brought my car back to the dealer today to fix my driver side mirror shake. They ended up replacing the whole assembly, no shakes at all on my drive home.

Any TSB for the mirror shake and hood? Been waiting for a TSB or something to bring it in... Kind of annoying.

Back