Another Header

I don't see how not including a part would decrease the needed R&D at all. They would still have to outsource a custom intake manifold, fit an intercooler and all the piping, and probably biggest of all tune it. A supercharger would potentially simplify the whole system a little by not needing a turbo exhaust manifold, but that is probably just a dent in the time and effort that would be needed.
I would imagine manufacturing a "fit kit" for an existing system would be far less expensive than designing it from scratch. Plus, by us purchasing the supercharger separate from the "fit kit" it would eliminate the risk for dynotronics to have to make a large initial investment and hope for enough interest to make a profit. As far as tuning, considering who dynotronics is and what they do, I think they would be more than capable.

I would imagine manufacturing a "fit kit" for an existing system would be far less expensive than designing it from scratch. Plus, by us purchasing the supercharger separate from the "fit kit" it would eliminate the risk for dynotronics to have to make a large initial investment and hope for enough interest to make a profit. As far as tuning, considering who dynotronics is and what they do, I think they would be more than capable.

your right, the tuning is not an issue on the FI stuff. But your wrong about the cost to develop a kit. Time is money in this business( and even as it is a labor of love, we have to turn a profit doing this),and the development takes a ton of time.

Let me throw this out there; If there are 10 serious buyers willing to put a 1000.00 (each)deposit in an escrow account, I will STOP working on the new turbo for the 2.5 mazda 3 and finish the mazda 2 set up. We are to the point we could be finished with the jigs in two-three weeks, and have the first 10 kits out the door in 30 days.

takers?

I have a set of these headers that I purchased from Andres. These things are very well made and worth the price.

Time is money in this business( and even as it is a labor of love, we have to turn a profit doing this),and the development takes a ton of time.

We hit this problem quite often. Time adds up and cost money for the engineers, marketing staff, testing, sales training, etc. We have shelved alot of great idea from the costs. People would not want to pay for the price of items when you factor in the money spent to make it.

-Derrick

It also doesn't help that Mazda screwed up with marketing the 2, at least in this country

Marketing? What marketing? :p The Mazda 2 is the best car being sold today that nobody knows about. It doesn't appear in advertisements, its pricing is not competitive with the Mazda 3, and Mazda almost actively seems to be limiting its success. This car could have stolen a lot of sales from the Yaris and Fit if anybody actually knew about it. I hate Mazda for not giving the car the attention it deserves.

Marketing? What marketing? :p The Mazda 2 is the best car being sold today that nobody knows about. It doesn't appear in advertisements, its pricing is not competitive with the Mazda 3, and Mazda almost actively seems to be limiting its success. This car could have stolen a lot of sales from the Yaris and Fit if anybody actually knew about it. I hate Mazda for not giving the car the attention it deserves.

Completely agree. Zero advertising.

problem is, we as vendors go where there is profit to be made. I have lots of folks asking about the turbo, and we had a lot of folks ask about the headers too, but when we asked who was wanting to grab a set of headers if we fronted the bill, we got little interest.

I love the 2, and own 3 of them. But I have to make things that sell to a consumer base that wants them. Right now I am working on this turbo set up, but its taking a back seat to a few projects that I know have a serious demand

I know and understand. I go through a bit of this myself from Mazda 2 owners. Lot's of interest but not as much sales.

your right, the tuning is not an issue on the FI stuff. But your wrong about the cost to develop a kit. Time is money in this business( and even as it is a labor of love, we have to turn a profit doing this),and the development takes a ton of time.

Let me throw this out there; If there are 10 serious buyers willing to put a 1000.00 (each)deposit in an escrow account, I will STOP working on the new turbo for the 2.5 mazda 3 and finish the mazda 2 set up. We are to the point we could be finished with the jigs in two-three weeks, and have the first 10 kits out the door in 30 days.

takers?

I'm in... but sadly i think it's going to be hard to get 9 more takers.

Last edited:
problem is, we as vendors go where there is profit to be made. I have lots of folks asking about the turbo, and we had a lot of folks ask about the headers too, but when we asked who was wanting to grab a set of headers if we fronted the bill, we got little interest.

I love the 2, and own 3 of them. But I have to make things that sell to a consumer base that wants them. Right now I am working on this turbo set up, but its taking a back seat to a few projects that I know have a serious demand

I take it this means the NA Thunder header modified design and mid pipe project is no more.

I take it this means the NA Thunder header modified design and mid pipe project is no more.

no, I still have the project sitting here waiting. But after the bashing we took over who said what when, and who designed this and that, I figured nobody wanted them.

I will up a GB for them if there is a true interest. We are in the tuning business, so the headers are a cost plus item for us to make the tuning better

Understandable, but what about developing something that would allow us to bolt something like the Jackson racing superchargers right up to our 2's? This would lesson the cost for R&D for you guys and I would imagine be much cheaper to produce. It also eliminates the risk of a heavy investment on your part (we buy our own superchargers from Jackson Racing) as well as increase demand for your tune. Just my wishful thinking.

I think this Jackson Racing Rotrex supercharger with a little help from a tuner shop like Corksport would be perfect for the 2. the only hard part is making the mounting bracket to mount it to the 2. The rest any one can cut tubing, install a universal front mount intercooler, use a Corksport SRI to make the intake, buy larger injectors, use a BPV from Forged and a custom tune from Dynotronics. So developing the bracket and Idle pulley is a easy thing to make for a shop like Corksport ;)

http://jacksonracing.com/shop/rotrex-supercharger-units/rotrex-c30-supercharger-units/

I ran across a facebook post which shows a header I have not see yet by hotpipes. 4-1 setup and it looks ok too.

hot-pipes-m2-header.jpg

Hi guys!
Im searching for headers photos and I stumbled in google that the facebook photo of my headers which i took during the time i had it installed is in this forum. I'm surprised that it reached Mazdas247. =)
Got the unit from Speedlab, highly reputable Car modification center here in Manila. They are offering Intakes, Headers and ECU re-chip package.

I got the headers on a discounted price roughly $200.

It makes a huge difference compared with the OEM headers because it eliminates the catalytic converter. Which is restricting the exhaust flow. (not environment friendly though)

Thanks guys!

1801365_10152166212241749_1108977087_o.jpg

1957894_10152166212261749_597841855_o.jpg

10001119_10152166212311749_882067775_o.jpg

Hi guys!
Im searching for headers photos and I stumbled in google that the facebook photo of my headers which i took during the time i had it installed is in this forum. I'm surprised that it reached Mazdas247. =)
Got the unit from Speedlab, highly reputable Car modification center here in Manila. They are offering Intakes, Headers and ECU re-chip package.

I got the headers on a discounted price roughly $200.

It makes a huge difference compared with the OEM headers because it eliminates the catalytic converter. Which is restricting the exhaust flow. (not environment friendly though)

Thanks guys!

1801365_10152166212241749_1108977087_o.jpg

1957894_10152166212261749_597841855_o.jpg

10001119_10152166212311749_882067775_o.jpg

How are you combating CEL?

I just stare at a CEL lol....yes emissions are terrible and all but I still pollute less than the giant fords lol.....ironically I saw a prius the other day with a plate that said "less CO2"....me and 3 speed3's running catless just floored it past the guy and completely nullified all that ecosaving he was doing.

Fortunately my CEL didn't light up since the headers is replaced. Emission smells bad and the engine roars even with stock muffler. But definitely it's a good upgrade together with Short ram intake. =)

Future upgrade will be additional ECU Chip. =)

Yes but here's the problem. If your stock ECM is seeing conditions to trigger a CEL then it's more than likely pulling timing and/or fuel to save the engine from destroying itself. So putting headers on to gain power just to lose it to the computer doesn't make sense to me?

Back