I finally did it too!!

Changed the oil yesterday, car is at 39600. Will turn 40k on our trip to NC today or tomorrow. Lousy day to day but looks better tomorrow.

Found another set of RX7 FD rims with brand new R Compound rubber for a good price. Will use them for AutoX only. I also wanted a back set of rims in case I damaged one the current ones I had.

Thanks Mark, just arrived in Harrington DE. Pretty crappy ride down weather wise. Rain on and off. Stay the night and then off in the morning to Nags Head. Weather is looking good for tomorrow.

Didn't kill ourselves getting here, cruised 65-70, took some breaks. 34.8 and 34.4 MPG. I love 4 bangers.

Thanks Mark, just arrived in Harrington DE. Pretty crappy ride down weather wise. Rain on and off. Stay the night and then off in the morning to Nags Head. Weather is looking good for tomorrow.

Didn't kill ourselves getting here, cruised 65-70, took some breaks. 34.8 and 34.4 MPG. I love 4 bangers.

i've gotten 32 before in my v6 ;)

how the F do you get 34 in that thing. i took it easy and got 31.5.

how the F do you get 34 in that thing. i took it easy and got 31.5.

Oleg, you have to lift the foot sometimes.

easy for you is still fast for bruce ;)

Doh. Oleg is faster than I am at AutoX. Problem is he thinks everyday is AutoX.

Drove top down yesterday and got 34.9. But that was driving mostly 50-60 due to the roads and cops are everywhere!! Delaware, Virginia, NC. Not worth speeding or taking the risk. Besides, it is such a beautiful drive.

Saw a beautiful yellow Lotus Esprit in Harrington. Didn't have the camera, and it was gone when we came out from dinner.

Had some nice compliments about the car from various people on the trip. Almost ran over a lady in a parking lot who was working on the landscaping. I apologized and we started chatting and she has a NB Miata.

We stopped for coffee in Delaware and while I was waiting got to talking with a guy driving a church van for some baptists. He knew it was a Mazda but thought it had a V8. was asking me what my mileage was. Fun fellow.

Changed the oil before the trip, car now has 41K.

Ordered another set of reinforced FD rims, US not JDM. These have been sandblasted but not painted. The tires are Hankook Ventus Z211 competition with 20 miles on them. Looking forward to trying them on Oct 03 AutoX.

I ordered them to backup the JDM rims I have, incase I break one. Price was too good to pass up.

New Tires and Rims

UPS dropped off these today.

FD Rims and R Compound tires. Will be trying out these Saturday

Attachments

• DSC03115 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03115 (Medium).JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC03116 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03116 (Medium).JPG
    76 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC03117 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03117 (Medium).JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 105
Well with the 3 inches of snow last night, it was time to pull the summers. Raised the suspension and put on the winters. Will be pulling the summers off the rims and getting them powdercoated at some point this winter. Summers are pretty much done, so into the dump they go. New StarSpec's in the spring.

well i "pulled" the car off the road...back to the p5 tomorrow, till spring(cryhard)

Back