Aluminium Intercooler Pipe Kit - DIY FMIC inside

been looking into it but it's tough to find the right bolts and parts. i haven't been able to find a good "how to" on it. any ideas?

been looking into it but it's tough to find the right bolts and parts. i haven't been able to find a good "how to" on it. any ideas?

Bring the stock towhook piece up to a hardware store get u a bolt that matches the threads on tow hook, buy the bolt and a pipe the head of the bolt barely fits in, get the pipe about the same length as the towhook then find a piece of 1/4 in steel a tad bigger than the plate use your imagination for the rest...

ken i am getting kr like no other. gonna sell my ap and want your fmic kit. how much shipped to 93536 for the kit with and without core. powdercoated please:)

yeah i'm not doing towplates. its so easy to make your own at this point and for such a price cheaper than anyone else its just not worth it for me right now. there is a guy on M3F doing a GB for his tow plate setup if people are interested. he reps for me over there but its something he is doing on his own.

i'm sending out tracking numbers as fast as i can. i know you guys have waited a long time, i appreciate that. i really do. powdercoated kits are, i hate to say, going to be a few more days out. i had to outsource the coating rather than do it in house. our oven simply wasn't large enough to handle some of the parts in a manner that would have had them look good. you guys didn't pay for crap and i'm not going to allow kits to go out looking as such.

i'm going to post a how to this weekend as well as we are doing another local install. pictures and directions referenced here should be helpful for everyone.

yeah i'm not doing towplates. its so easy to make your own at this point and for such a price cheaper than anyone else its just not worth it for me right now. there is a guy on M3F doing a GB for his tow plate setup if people are interested. he reps for me over there but its something he is doing on his own.

i'm sending out tracking numbers as fast as i can. i know you guys have waited a long time, i appreciate that. i really do. powdercoated kits are, i hate to say, going to be a few more days out. i had to outsource the coating rather than do it in house. our oven simply wasn't large enough to handle some of the parts in a manner that would have had them look good. you guys didn't pay for crap and i'm not going to allow kits to go out looking as such.

i'm going to post a how to this weekend as well as we are doing another local install. pictures and directions referenced here should be helpful for everyone.

(rockon)

sounds good. ive been sick the past few days so ive been sleeping a lot. (sick) cant wait for this install!

for those worried about fitment, i installed one on TheDoc's car today. and truth be told, i SUCK at installing stuff :) fits great without issues and just like i hoped and expected it would honestly. held boost like a champ and AFRs were spot on.

and yes, kits are going out

Loving this, so far. I'll post a comprehensive write-up and installation guide over the weekend if it would be helpful to anyone.

After looking at the latest install pics, it looks like the HKS bpv is the Mazdaspeed 3 specific version (with angled adapter flange). I was wondering in regards to the valve itself and the recirc hose would a standard flange (not angled) fit the same / better / worse?

BulldogSRT

After looking at the latest install pics, it looks like the HKS bpv is the Mazdaspeed 3 specific version (with angled adapter flange). I was wondering in regards to the valve itself and the recirc hose would a standard flange (not angled) fit the same / better / worse?

BulldogSRT

The HKS angled flange can be rotated 360 degrees so there's no real advantage to the non-angled flanged other than personal aesthetics.

What... You told me last week you would have it shipped. And now it's not even powdercoated yet? wtf... Whats up with the false information?

i had some kits ready to go, and honestly the powdercoat was not up to snuff with our equipment. rather than send one of those out to you and have you be less than satisfied, i took some kits over to a local powder shop and am paying him out of pocket to have it done better, have it done right. thats more or less the reason here. i know you guys have all waited, but i'd rather have them be right from day one.

is there going to be tracking numbers as well..... What method are these being shipped? ups,usps,fedex.

Last edited:
What... You told me last week you would have it shipped. And now it's not even powdercoated yet? wtf... Whats up with the false information?

Ken, keep up the good work. dont rush. we want what you think is acceptable to leave your shop and ship to us. we appreciate your quality craftsmenship and kindness to pay out of pocket and work so hard to give us the best of the best. youve done nothing but help out the mazda community not only with products, but your knowledge in the mazda field. the rest of us know your working your ass off to get these out to us and were all super excited to recieve them. its close to ship/recieve date so some of us have....impetuous comments. cant wait for the product and im sure 90% of us will get pics up for your assurance and satisfaction that your work did not go unappreciated. your the man ken.

lol at this guy (lol). Sure people are getting impatient. Thats comes with the territory and if Ken had a problem with it im sure he'd address it. No need to take suttle jabs at other members that have said, nor done anything to you. You can sit and wait patiently for yours while others ask questions, its there right to. So unless you work for PG or built these kits yourself STF^.

and that was the polite version

Latest posts

Back