What have you done to your MSP today?

WOW that sucks, hope mine holds our for another year or two. I just installed the turbohose smic. I love it. Great mod.

I just took my cracked thunder mani off. Worse than i thought. However Protephile is a great vendor when it comes to customer service (and purchasing), so i have a replacement but still sucks to take teh car apart. This gives me the opportunity to fix a bunch of stuff though.

Check your radiator also, it could be the heater core cracked. I have had that happen twice in different cars, never in my speed. But that is a sign of a bad core, drenched passenger side floor board. If you turn the heat on does a fog like mist come out of the vents?

Mines leaking water. Just curious but if its heater core there would be coolant right?

Mines leaking water. Just curious but if its heater core there would be coolant right?

I supose so, when it happened in my Blazer I think I was running mostly water at the time and when it happened in the wife's Saturn if I remember it correctly I could smell coolant. I just remember the passenger floor being sopping wet in both cases. It's been many years since I have fixed one and they are a huge pain in the ass to do.

I have it too. Ive heard its up in teh dash where they put some kinda sealer, it cracks. but i garage it now so i havent had time to look at it. could be anything though.

I used to/might still have that problem.

I noticed the passenger side of my MSP has a leak. Carpet is saoked!

I have it too. Ive heard its up in teh dash where they put some kinda sealer, it cracks. but i garage it now so i havent had time to look at it. could be anything though.

I used to/might still have that problem.

i had this problem and i finally found the leak.

its what terbow suggested, the sealant is cracked.

i had to tear the carpet up and everything. i was lucky, the crack stopped right where the back right side of the dash started. i did not want to have to remove the dash.

I'll dig into it this weekend. Looks like a descent excuse to lay down some new sound dampening though.

i'd fix it right away, and possibly avoid driving in that case if it's really bad....the ecu is right there in the passenger side kickwell

Modified the stock strut bar so it will mount properly with the weapon-r engine damper, and installed my passenger fog delete! Thanks Pro5x2!!!

Edit: On a side note I think my turbo is on its way out... I can hear a ball bearing in the cabin but not in the engine bay yet... Its very faint so may not be able to hear it over the rest of the engien noises. The stock turbo is a ball bearing turbo right and not a journal bearing turbo?

Last edited:
Modified the stock strut bar so it will mount properly with the weapon-r engine damper, and installed my passenger fog delete! Thanks Pro5x2!!!

Edit: On a side note I think my turbo is on its way out... I can hear a ball bearing in the cabin but not in the engine bay yet... Its very faint so may not be able to hear it over the rest of the engien noises. The stock turbo is a ball bearing turbo right and not a journal bearing turbo?

yes, stock is a GT2554R dual ball bearing / water cooled turbo

My first post in this thread:

I just picked up a set of Recaro SRD's. I'm gonna install them this week!

seatssup.jpg

Dangit, I was watching those ebay! Nice snag :D

Purcahsed a sethascope and the bearings on the turbo seem to sound fine to me. Nothing stood out on the turbo. I still have to check for shaft play and oil in the pipes yet... Whatever that bearing sound noise is its getting louder to me.

I can only hear it with the radio off and the windows up at the moment but whatever it is it seems to be gettign louder!

no, i said i would order it this week...and i finally did...now the wait begins...the thing that sucks is that i have to ship off my boost gauge this weekend...so i won't be installing it until that gets back.

Back