What have you done to your MSP today?

took my last ride in the msp today:

last%20msp%20pic.JPG

that is true they are expensive to mod and not that fast unless you get crazy with it.

i installed my daveb gauge rings today.

i noticed when the car is off my boost gauge shows alomst 2 pounds is that normal? its the autometer one shouldnt it be in the square?

I hear a slight whistling down beside the passenger wheel well and I've noticed boost is not building very quickly. Sounds like a boost leak to me. Something to do tomorrow...

i had this problem and i finally found the leak.

its what terbow suggested, the sealant is cracked.

i had to tear the carpet up and everything. i was lucky, the crack stopped right where the back right side of the dash started. i did not want to have to remove the dash.

I have the car pulled apart right now. Where is this Seam I need to fix.

I have the car pulled apart right now. Where is this Seam I need to fix.

the back right corner on the passenger side. so stick your head underneath the dash and look towards the back right of the firewall. with all the trim, carpet, and sound deadening material removed, you will be able to see the sealant they used. i could see a visible crack in the sealant stopping right before the dash began.

I killed my super rear end link clunk in the back...for the first time...ugh, well ever I have a quiet rear end.

Also I notice (and I have no Idea how) that my rear sway bar is warped, there is like 1/2" difference in the size of the end link on the right and the left to set the bar up to no be pre-loaded

common autometer problem. Its just a bad calibration

I thought its only supposed to go to 0 on startup when it does its calibration. On shutoff i thought it just stops wherever. Thats what mine does. I could be wrong though.

Last edited:
trans went out several months ago and got sick of trying to repair the problem internally along with only finding overpriced high milage transmission that were far away so i just sold it.

Damn, sorry to hear. But I don't blame you. My car's been a pain in the a$$. As much as I've spent on it, I could've had a nice little $40k car by now that CAME with 300+ hp and a bullet proof tranny. (freak)

Back