Z828 went blank

Kooldino

MOTM Winner Jan '09
Authorized Vendor
Contributor
:
MP3
Was cruising down the road yesterday listening to the radio...and eventually i glanced at my head unit...and it was totally black. I was like WTF? It was still playing music. So i pulled the face off, popped it back on, and it was kosher. Weird.

Its actualy common on that radio, be happy it came back on!

my dealer just put a z828 in my car, after lots of complaint with th z919. I hope mine works well, i dont know how many new ones they will give me. What advantages does the z828 have over the z919? beside the detachable face.

paulmp3 said:
my dealer just put a z828 in my car, after lots of complaint with th z919. I hope mine works well, i dont know how many new ones they will give me. What advantages does the z828 have over the z919? beside the detachable face.

Not much that I know of.

that was a common occurance on my first faceplate. Since then, the graphic display became distorted. I had it replaced and that faceplate's graphics screwed up as well. I am now on my third faceplate. (Thankfully all under warrenty.)

Yeah, actually my FIRST 828 went all fruity w/ the graphics one day out of NOWHERE. Got that replaced. And now this. Shady.

I've been through 3 Z919. first one the buttons stuck, second no sound but all the graphics, third one went crazy and would skip songs and start in the middle of another. Now they are givving me a z828. i hope my troubles are over.

Everyone, do yourself a favor and GET AN ALPINE!

Last edited:
Yeah I considered the "KDC-MP919," but I couldn't find one with the free Sirius satellite radio deal.

Last years model and a very unpopluar one at that. Just like the Z919. Thats why Mazda put them in the MSP just like the Z919 in the MP3.

Back