You guys are getting a GREAT deal!

big_ben

Contributor
I was just thinking about this after reading an article on the new Mazda Speed Pro. The MP3's MSRP was $18550 with the alarm, cargo net and wheel locks. I paid $18440 after 2 days of haggling. I thought that was a great deal considering the AMAZING handling and looks of the car. The power sucked, but I could over look that somewhat, so I bought one and I love it.

The Mazda Speed Pro costs $20500 MSRP. Thats only $1950 more than the MP3 was. I'll include a list of what you are getting also.
Intercooled turbo system - $3400
LSD - $1200
Larger drive shafts - $500?
Better Suspension - $500 more than the MP3's cost?
Better sound system with better mounting - $300?
Better brakes - $500?

These are low estimates and they don't include instalation costs.
So for $1950, you all are getting around $6400 in mods. You can't beat that with a stick. That is a great deal for only $1950 over the cost of an MP3. I'm not hating, I'm happy for you guys that are buying the MS Pro. I just hope some parent doesn't buy one for the 16 year old daughter that wont appreciate the engineering that wnet into that car. I cant wait to see one and drive one.

big_ben said:
I was just thinking about this after reading an article on the new Mazda Speed Pro. The MP3's MSRP was $18550 with the alarm, cargo net and wheel locks. I paid $18440 after 2 days of haggling. I thought that was a great deal considering the AMAZING handling and looks of the car. The power sucked, but I could over look that somewhat, so I bought one and I love it.

The Mazda Speed Pro costs $20500 MSRP. Thats only $1950 more than the MP3 was. I'll include a list of what you are getting also.
Intercooled turbo system - $3400
LSD - $1200
Larger drive shafts - $500?
Better Suspension - $500 more than the MP3's cost?
Better sound system with better mounting - $300?
Better brakes - $500?

These are low estimates and they don't include instalation costs.
So for $1950, you all are getting around $6400 in mods. You can't beat that with a stick. That is a great deal for only $1950 over the cost of an MP3. I'm not hating, I'm happy for you guys that are buying the MS Pro. I just hope some parent doesn't buy one for the 16 year old daughter that wont appreciate the engineering that wnet into that car. I cant wait to see one and drive one.

You forgot to add the higher cost in fuel consumption. The higher cost in insurance rate. Possibly higher cost in maintanence in the long run. I'm hating because I won't be able to own one. (silly)

Re: Re: You guys are getting a GREAT deal!

Allen said:

You forgot to add the higher cost in fuel consumption. The higher cost in insurance rate. Possibly higher cost in maintanence in the long run. I'm hating because I won't be able to own one. (silly)

j00 r ghey! :mad:

j/k :p :cool:

this is a great deal for consumers i agree, especially considering the small price increase relative to the mp3. HOWEVER, the costs are indeed retail, and for a situation such as this, the car manufacturer gets huge discounts, perhaps even BELOW cost for the parts whereas the companies supplying them gets a lot of advertising. So in essence the parts are subsidized :D (yippy)

I like my parts subsidized.

I'm sure anybody on this board would like to get the upgrades to their suspension, wheels/tires, engines and stereo systems subsidized. With the Mazdaspeed Protege, we can get that all from the factory.

I wonder if I can get a discount if I let Mazda put a bunch of decals on the car? Kenwood, Tokico, Racing Beat, Racing Hart, Callaway, Sparco and, of course, Mazdaspeed. Sure, I'll put a whole decal package on, and in return I only demand a discount of $1000! :)

Back