Yellow Sticky Area by Driver's Door? 2022 CX-5

I will post a picture this weekend, but wondering if anyone has experienced a yellow-ish goo coming out of the driver's side door? 2022 CX-5

Not sure where it is coming from (no I did not spill anything), but it is getting on the lower part of the driver's side door seal and when it does, it makes the car door harder to open. I've cleaned the seal once already and that helped, but it came back. I also hear a rattle in the door when I close it.

Might have to take it to the dealer and see what they can find.

Did you have aftermarket "rust protection" applied? If so, could be that stuff oozing out.

I will post a picture this weekend, but wondering if anyone has experienced a yellow-ish goo coming out of the driver's side door? 2022 CX-5

Not sure where it is coming from (no I did not spill anything), but it is getting on the lower part of the driver's side door seal and when it does, it makes the car door harder to open. I've cleaned the seal once already and that helped, but it came back. I also hear a rattle in the door when I close it.

Might have to take it to the dealer uno online and see what they can find.
It may be caused by a leak in the door sealant. You may need to replace the sealant or apply a new layer of it to ensure a proper seal.

No rust protection added, just stock car. The car is still under warranty, so I'll get the dealer to take care of it.
Just wondering if anyone else had experienced it

Is it honey? "Yellow and sticky" points me in that direction.
Perhaps a small hive took up residence in the vehicle? I think there's small drain holes at the bottom.

Is it honey? "Yellow and sticky" points me in that direction.
Perhaps a small hive took up residence in the vehicle? I think there's small drain holes at the bottom.

Oh that! It's just an unadvertised option.

The Beekeeper addition.

Might have to take it to the dealer and see what they can find.
If its getting onto the " lower part of the door seal " as you said , and its reappearing after you cleaned it off of the seal ....its a safe bet that its leaking out from the door-card --or door panel whatever you want to call it - I saw another post that said the door ( metal ) has holes to channel out any fluids that get down into the door ,,,but those are below the gasket --

-Theres nothing from the factory that will do that , and Im going to say someone did put something in the cupholder or in the door pocket which tilts forward towards the cupholder and has a crevasse which allows liquid to leak down thru inside the door-card onto that exact place -- This just happened to me ........last night

I had a milky- brown / coffee drink in the door cupholder , which was supposed to be sealed - but leaked into the base of the door cup holder -
- So I noticed this when I opened the door and it was leaking out at the bottom of the doorcard -
The cupholder is NOT water / liquid tight - and has a seam that allows liquid to drain down and out the bottom ( thru a thin sponge-like gasket ) at the bottom of the plastic and it then goes onto the paint , then the rubber door gasket or seal , then down onto the door flange - and onto the ground - - not a clean pathway- but does go over the door gasket -
- I cleaned the cupholder - then poured clean water into the cupholder ,
and watched it flush right down the SAME pathway clearing out the brown coffee stuff - and did it til it poured clear -
I , couldn't take wondering if it pooled inside the door-card - so , I pulled the door-card off, and checked the area - and it didnt pool anywhere or get the speaker wet etc .

Then - I took photos of the inside of the doorcard , and door :

Left photo is door-card-(door panel) ----Right photo is the door itself

- There is no yellow glue substance or other that would melt etc - my friend , Im going to say again, something ( yellow ? ) must have spilled into that cupholder and did exactly what happened to me - You can pull the door-card yourself and check - You need a few basic things -
If you pull it - you will get right to the issue - Its not hard , and takes max 30 minutes to pull and replace - Ill find a video which will help you not break a key fastener on the top left - If the dealer does it , thats great - but , you can learn alot by DIY on this one particularly if you spilled the substance as the dealer might nick you for it not being a defect ---

Make sure you have that plastic flat wedge which helps pop the fastners evenly - and a clip / fastner remover to pull the rogue small round fastners which dont stay on the door - a cheap one works - I added a pic of it -its red -Mazdas are well made and that panel is made to come off ( broken glass etc ).
So it goes back together nicely - you dont need to pull the top piece off like in the video - as it appears hes replacing the glass-

Attachments

• BD2B7AA0-22E4-4E97-B565-93582404C970.jpeg
    BD2B7AA0-22E4-4E97-B565-93582404C970.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 56D0D619-5625-4CB2-8163-BF3C6C027E34.jpeg
    56D0D619-5625-4CB2-8163-BF3C6C027E34.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 33
  • A21CC517-0CCE-4AC9-A314-565BE9EA44D0.jpeg
    A21CC517-0CCE-4AC9-A314-565BE9EA44D0.jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 34
Back