XM Roady Install

KYREDP5

Contributor
:
02.5 Classic Red P5
Picked up a Delphi XM Roady unit (hehe unit) today. Overall I REALLY reccoment this unit. Super easy to install, awesome features. This thing kicks ass.

P3190121.JPG

P3190123.JPG

This is only the temporary install. I'll be getting a new mount, RCA to IP-Bus converter, and hardwiring it in. :D

Questions and comments welcome. :D

well where's the new mount going? what's an RC to IP-Bus converter? and what where how and why is the hardwiring going on? im a newb as you can tell

Havn't decided about the new mount, depends on what style I go with. The RCA to IP-Bus will let me connect the unit directly to my Head unit, instead of using the wireless FM modulator I'm using now (much better sound quality). Hardwiring it will make it so I will not have to use the cigarette lighter adapter.

why didn't you just buy the Pioneer tuner unit to go along with your head unit?
Everything would have plugged right in and controlled by the HU!

The HU has a limited text display, limited controls, and limited features, and this one was cheaper by a long shot. Got the unit, and antenna for $112. Plus I can hook this one up to my home stereo. I was planning on a Poineer but got to playing with these and feature wise it Kills the poineer.

Among some of the features this has that the Poineer doesn't:
30 Presets (vs. the Poineer's 6)
Song Info Memory (Press a button and it remembers the song info, Artist, Title.)
Auto Playlist (You can pick 10 songs, whenever any of those 10 song comes on ANY station, it will let you know, press a button and it goes to that station.
Plus the Better display :D

that is true. I am a little disappointed that the Pioneer HU have very limited text info.

Back