XM radio as an add on in 2016 CX-5 Touring with Bose

I have the 2016 GT and also have XM....weird!

All GT's come with Sirius/XM. It's the Touring and the base model that don't. As far as adding to the Touring, probably not possible. It requires more than a software mod, more like a S/XM receiver built into the radio. You can always buy the little S/XM box and antennae, then mate it to the radio. You have to tune a certain frequency on the radio them S/XM will be accessible. You use the little S/XM box to tune the stations.

All GT's come with Sirius/XM. It's the Touring and the base model that don't. As far as adding to the Touring, probably not possible. It requires more than a software mod, more like a S/XM receiver built into the radio. You can always buy the little S/XM box and antennae, then mate it to the radio. You have to tune a certain frequency on the radio them S/XM will be accessible. You use the little S/XM box to tune the stations.

yeah, but I really want to have it integrated into the head unit. I don't want some other box to have to use to select the channels and such. The VAIS Tech option at least adds the support from the USB.

So if it might be a hardware item inside the head unit, does that mean the antenna should already be run to it? Could you theoretically replace the head unit with a GT variant? Does anyone have the model number for the 2016 GT? My touring one is a:
KA0G 66 9C0 A
K2352
Model: MAZDA_GEN_65_CMU

(found this info on a sticker on the unit after taking it out) I also took a picture of the pin-out in another thread of mine if that helps? Maybe there is a difference there? I can tell you only one of those smaller grey connectors had a cable going to it. https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123856676-2016-head-unit-pinout

Last edited:
Back