WTT/WTS: '91 MR2 Turbo and Kawasaki Ninja 650r *warning long, lots of pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTS: '91 MR2 Turbo Florida *warning long, lots of pics*

Car has sold thank you for looking

Last edited:
So if youve been runing it without fluid for a year or more then the power steering pump is more than likely toast. Any estimate on how much a p/s pump runs for these cars?

Also, i know you said no red cars, but i have a 1992 Prelude SI im getting ready to sell for $3800 with 131k miles on it thats milano red pearl. I am also debating selling my mazdaspeed protege with 74k miles on it with a stock motor, welded lsd, upgraded brakes and suspension, for $10k.

The power steering is a bit different in the MR2's. Its an electric pump sitting right on the rack. Its only an assist during low speeds and doesn't even run past 35mph or so. I unplugged the pump so it doesn't burn itself out. I never tracked down the leak but then again I never really looked hard since its easy enough to drive without it. I would actually like to track down a manual rack but they are a bit rare.

i am a former MR2 owner (had a '91 n/a to turbo swap) and i also currently own the exact same bike in the same color haha. weird!

goodluck with your sale!

I spent some quality time with my MR2 today and found a couple things out. The car does not need tie rod ends and ball joints. The coilovers have an adjustable sway bar mount and the mount was kicked off to the side. This meant that whenever the car hit bumps the sway bar would push forwards or backwards on the coilover rather than up or down. This made the car pull left or right especially during bumpy corners. I have fixed the mount and retightened it and the car drives fine. Also I put powersteering fluid back in the resevoir and the pump works great. I assume it still leaks though.

Nice car...... best of luck on the sale. I sent the link to a buddy who is looking for a car...... no gaurantees but just trying to help you out (thumb)

Thanks Koenig I do love this car. I have a guy who seems pretty serious about the purchase he will be coming in a week or so. If you buddy decides he wants the car he'll have to move pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back