WTF is wrong with my car????

I wouldn't be surprised if they sabotaged my car to amplify the problem. They were that bad. They were probably trying to make sure you come back. LOL

Just finished filing a complaint with Mazda Corporate. For those of you in Tampa, if you've had trouble with Ferman, file a complaint. The more complaints they receive, Mazda will pay them a visit to find out what their problem is. Probably nothing more than a slap on the wrist, but it doesn't look good.

Well I fixed it!!!!

Turns out the clamp that was holding the intake to the stock inlet was protruding a bit and rubbed into the wiring harness. When I took it all apart, I noticed it had rubbed just enough of it to where the wiring was showing a tiny bit. The metal clamp touching the wiring must have caused enough of a short to cause the issue. So I put a new clamp on it, wrapped the wire back up, started the car, and voila!.....no CEL. Took her for a very spirited drive to ensure no problems, and it drove beautifully!!! I'll feel more comfortable once I put a good 20-30 miles on it without a repeat of the problem. But for now, it looks like the problem is solved.

Can anybody back up my logic that the metal clamp caused a short? I'd hate to think the fix was really that easy, and then find out all I did was a temp fix.

Either way...........F*@# you Ferman Mazda for trying to charge me $400 to do what I did in 10 min!!!

Same thing happened to me with my intake, the hose clamp wore through the harness and was causing it to throw a 02 sensor code (p0138)... $350 and a trip to the dealer fixed it. I wish I would've poked around a lil bit first but oh well...

Good to know I'm not the only one. I'm just glad I didn't break down and pay the $399 fee that Mazda wanted to charge me. Their techs are not stupid. They had to have noticed it and thought it was easy money. So all it really cost me was $65 for the tow back here to my place.

Hmmm I am going to check my intake as it is not supported by anything...

Glad it was something easy!

Yeah, I highly suggest making sure that you don't have anything rubbing up against it. Now I see how easily the problem occurred.

Thanks for this old post!!! I had a similar problem regarding the clamp from my turbo inlet cut one of the wire harness from the ecu. Thank god i found the wire beside the clamp and connected it back together... Thanks again!

Back