Wow... Nice one Mazda?

mglavina

R3VO 3VOM
:
2006 Mazdaspeed 6
I hope this isn't a repost but still people should check this out... It's C+P from mazda(6)club:

Mazda Terminates Dealer Who Sold Woman $66,000 Mazda6
Mazda Canada announced Friday that a dealer that sold a Mazda6 demonstrator to a woman for nearly $25,000 above retail value has had its franchise agreement terminated. Mazda of Orangeville, situated about 35 miles northwest of Toronto, will no longer be able to sell new vehicles or parts or make repairs.

Mazda of Orangeville attracted a flurry of negative press after it emerged that it sold a disabled woman a 2010 Mazda6 demonstrator for $66,000, when it should have sold for roughly $41,000

In an interview with the Toronto Star, Greg Young, Mazda's director of corporate public relations explained the reasoning behind the termination. "We informed the dealer this morning that we were terminating the agreement because he had not adhered to the business standards, under the terms of the sales and service agreement."

Young said that the overpriced car was one example found during an investigation into the dealership's business practices. The dealership charged the buyer, Madeline Leonard, nearly three times the retail price for various accessories, and gave her an 8-year loan which added significant costs to the vehicle. Leonard is on a fixed income and should not have qualified for a standard loan.

Full story

Good old TO, Rolex for $15 bucks on young street and $66 grand mazda6 Northern TO lol.

I know most if you guys are in the states but I just wanted to let people know what some Mazda dealerships are doing... that's so wrong. Great for Mazdas reputation *-)... NOT

she didn't have to buy a car,

thats what i thought, but the artical says she's handicapped in some way... which normally would still not be a fault of the dealer except they realized that she was and took advantage of her disability

i know i got told off once by the parent of a person who had a mental disability because i had sold them a 3 year contracted cell phone plan.. i simply told them i had sold the customer what they had asked for

its interesting one could even get approved for such a loan on a fixed income.

what about the bank that approved the loan? they should also be to blame.

its interesting one could even get approved for such a loan on a fixed income.

what about the bank that approved the loan? they should also be to blame.

The only thing i could think of is the dealership probably sent the bank false information about the woman applying for the car loan.

The only thing i could think of is the dealership probably sent the bank false information about the woman applying for the car loan.

true. thats a sure fire way to get you buisness shut down. lie to the banks. its ok for them to lie to us, but not to them. but thats another story.

that's some BS..glad they got terminated. If it was me, I would be doing a lil termination myself. Can you say...EXPLOSION

Back