winter-ish tires

gottacatchup

:
2003 MP5
Until now my MP5 has lived in Texas where we dont have winter. However, its now up at school with me in Dayton, Ohio. That means I need some all seasons to use during the winter instead of the summer tires I have on now. The winters here are fairly mild with light snow and ice but nothing major. Anyone have any recommendations for a decent tire for these conditions. I'm looking for a cheep tire just to get me through the winters. Oh and they need to fit on the stock rims.

I'll point you to Falken ZE-512's, and they're cheap and well regarded in all reviews. I have found them to be almost as good in dry and wet as my old Proxes 4's, but the 512's are MUCH better in winter conditions. In fact, I'm putting 512's on our minivan this fall as well.

if you think the winters up here are semi mild with a light snow then your up s*** creek. I'm in michigan so we have the same winter and usually ohio gets hit worse with winter atleast in the past 3 years.

I have the Falken ZE-512s and they have been good for the few times when the roads actually had snow/ice on them. In NE Ohio they salt the roads so much there is rarely snow/ice on the roads in the winter.

Dermen said:
I have the Falken ZE-512s and they have been good for the few times when the roads actually had snow/ice on them. In NE Ohio they salt the roads so much there is rarely snow/ice on the roads in the winter.

Where i'm at in michigan its usually a good day before the roads are properly salted

Bridgestone G009 - an all season tire with a strong winter bias. The Continental Extreme Contact is another similar tire, but doesn't fit as well on stock rim.

Back