Windows are possessed

LonCin

:
2008 CX-9
Our 2008 CX-9 did an unusual thing in a parking lot last evening. We left the vehicle to enter the local grocery store. Locked it and had all of the windows up ( Know that for sure as we are in Maine and it was rain/sleeting at the time). Upon our return, both front windows were down approximately half-way. It was still locked. Besides the Ol' blower relay replacements, the car has been trouble-free. Anyone have any idea what happened?

Welcome to the forums! I love Bar Harbor and all the moose shirts there. Can't say I have ever heard of this on these forums. I can speculate, however. You likely for some reason hit unlock instead of lock and then somehow hit unlock again and held it down on the second press. (This rolls the windows down for however long you hold it down on the second press).

My wife's car has the same problem with the front passenger window. I noticed it was down while all the others were closed.

This has happened to me on 2 occasions so far with my 2012 Touring. Both times it happened after rolling up the driver's window. It rolls all the way, seats, and then immediately opens back to halfway. The first time I had to turn the car off and on again twice and then I closed it by only pulling partially up on the switch (instead of letting it close with auto). Then it started working

since then it happened one more time but the second try worked.

I have not attempted to take it to the dealer yet even though it is under warrenty because my dealer is full of a bunch of idiots that know nothing other than what service bulletins tell them and don't believe anything a customer tells them.

In a way, I'm glad to hear that something similar has happened to others and in a way I'm not. I'm not because it means it may be a real problem rather than a fluke and that means I'll have to fight the dealer to figure it out and fix whatever it is. I really don't have time for that.

i had this same exact thing happen to me on the two front windows a couple weeks ago. at first i was like WTF, but i finally got it to quit after i quit using the auto-up. once i raised them manually it stopped.

Try to re-initialize the auto-up/down feature.
After battery disconnecting, this has to be done again.
Did any of you that had this issue ever had the battery disconnected (by you or the dealer)?

I think the procedure can be found on this forum.
It does not hurt to re-initialize it again.

actually, yes i did. during one of the recent trips. it's hasn't happened since so maybe it went away.

Back