window not working

KaptnKurt said:
yeah my passenger rear isnt working....

Really, that sucks. The funny thing is that mine works with the control on the door with that window, but not from the drivers controls. Is yours this way also?

EASY FIX! go to the door that the window wont work in. roll it all the way down, and continue to hold the button for 3 seconds after it is down. then roll it up, and continue to hold for 3 seconds. now go to the driver door and roll down that window, and say "wow, how easy was that" lol. its a safety feature implemented to prevent the window fuse from blowing.

pHeeL tHiZ ViBe said:
EASY FIX! go to the door that the window wont work in. roll it all the way down, and continue to hold the button for 3 seconds after it is down. then roll it up, and continue to hold for 3 seconds. now go to the driver door and roll down that window, and say "wow, how easy was that" lol. its a safety feature implemented to prevent the window fuse from blowing.

Wow, that sounds nice and easy! I will give it a try. I did just get the windows tinted so I will have to wait a couple days to see if it works. Thanks in advance!(rockon)

hammer.jpg

(lol2)

pHeeL tHiZ ViBe said:

safety yes, fuse, didnt think so. i thought it was part of the "anti-pinch" feature somehow...

wannabe said:
safety yes, fuse, didnt think so. i thought it was part of the "anti-pinch" feature somehow...

correct.... has nothing to do with a fuse. Because all the windows are auto up/down, the windows have to "reset" themselves after power is lost. This is so the anti-pinch knows where full up and full down. That way it can tell if there is something in the window path vs. the window being completely closed.

Now I noticed that my keyless window rolldown feature isn't working (Where you hold down unlock and it rolls down all windows. I disconnected the battery to install CAI, so that is prob. what caused it. Anyone know the fix for this???(dunno)

great thread. should be a how too. was a little baffled with my windows after i had the battery disconnected for some time.

All of this information is in the owners manual. Maybe you all should take the time to read up. You may learn about all the other neat features and options your car has...

You dont even have to roll it all the way down, just roll it a crack down, then roll it up and hold it untill u hear it double click. Then it should work from the drivers side

i don't have the owners manual, i bought my car used and the dealership couldn't get me one. how do i get the "all windows down" when i hold the unlock button down feature to work again??

thanks

Back