Window goes down, but not up

NCoppersmith

:
Mazdaspeed Protege 3.5
While trying to figure out why my battery keeps draining, I did something to my power window that I can't figure out. (It was working fine prior to fiddling with it)

On the driver side all the windows go down and up, EXCEPT the front passenger. The window will go down, but not up with the master (driver) switch. Works fine from the passenger side. Not being familiar with that part of the system I don't even know how to begin to troubleshoot it, is it at the switch or somewhere else? Service manual wasn't very helpful.

I had this problem with a 99 mitsubishi eclipse. It was my switch on the drivers door. It's a 2 way switch and sometimes when you have battery issues it'll either reverse the polarity in the switch or just simply fry it. I'm not saying that your problem is the switch, but i'd check the switch in the drivers door. if you know someone close to you with the same car use there switch to see if it works. if so your's is junked.

ok cool. I hope this works for ya. I hate troubleshooting electrical problems. It takes forever sometimes and always seems to be the easiest thing! lol.

The driver side switch is bad. Just replace it and it will be fixed. The fact that it still works from the passenger side is a good indication that all the mechanical and electrical parts are working.

Ya like i said already i've had this problem before. same thing he said^^^

Back