wierd Idle

I just got my MSP, and it idles funny. It starts out fine but has moments when it drops into low RPM then goes back up again. (never stalls) i don't know if this is normal or not. Also my battery just died out of nowhere, cant figure out why. Any ideas?

If you bought it from someone you don't know, make sure you run premium gas only and do a synthetic oil change. Then keep an eye on it. Mine ran like ass until I ran 1 tank of premium gas after a synthetic oil change. With the economy the way it is, its not uncommon to come across people trying to cut corners by using regular unleaded; so you never know how the previous owner treated the car (unless you knew the person).
Also, try cleaning the maf and egr. All these steps helped my idle a lot; not to mention its running MUCH better.

Kinda OT, but if you know what the production number is (find it through your VIN) you can search on here and find out some history on your car if the last owner was on here.

Mine had the same idle i cleaned my egr and used sea foam cleared it up how much do vac are you showing on your boost gauge if you have one?

I am going to try and clean my EGR and MAF, as for the gas i have premium in it right now, not sure about the oil. thanks for the help everyone!

Back