Why no advertisments?

algoesfast

:
Mazda 2 sport red
So here is my story and question. For the past 15 years I have had a company work truck. That I take home. Up until last month I drove an explorer as my around town car. My attitude was I will not pay over 15k for a new car. But I have wanted to buy a new car. I had no idea that there was an animal called the Mazda 2 that can be had for under 15k. Paid 14,534.00 for mine. Since then I have been paying close attention to commercials and have not seen the 2 or fiesta or any low priced vehicle. I know they want to sell the more expensive vehicle. But quantity of lower priced vehicles makes money and increases sales numbers. By the way I found out about the 2 because I went to the local Mazda dealer to look at used KIA. Told the salesman what I wanted to spend and he showed me the 2.
So any idea behind the reasoning behind not letting people know that they have a quality, very fun to drive under 15K car?

Shoot, Ford advertises the crap out of the Fiesta. Mazda is just concentrating on the new 3 w/Skyactiv. Sucks for the 2 though.

I have no idea why Mazda doesn't advertise the 2. It's almost like they're ashamed to make it, which they shouldn't be. I have never seen a commercial that features the 2, though they'll always advertise the 3 and CX-5.

Mazda would sell a lot more 2s if they actually freaking gave them a little time in the spotlight.

Pretty sure that they are aware that the car will sell out weather or not it is advertised.

Just by having them driving around, if you see it and it interests you, you will seek one out.

Pretty sure that they are aware that the car will sell out weather or not it is advertised.

Just by having them driving around, if you see it and it interests you, you will seek one out.

I see about 15 Fiestas for every Mazda 2 I see, though. Mazda is doing something wrong with their marketing. The 2 is lighter, faster, and less expensive. What's not to like?

What I was trying to say is, If they only make 1000 of something, and they could easily sell 2000 without advertising, then anything you spend on advertising is a waste of money.

They are in business after all to make money.

What I was trying to say is, If they only make 1000 of something, and they could easily sell 2000 without advertising, then anything you spend on advertising is a waste of money.

They are in business after all to make money.

Then by that reasoning they are not selling a lot of 3's. Ford still advertises the f150 and they sells lots of those. I understand your reasoning but can not subscribe to it. KIA sells the soul hand over fist and they still advertise it. They would just have to kick up production. Just don't get it. I have not seen one ad on tv or print for the 2 ever. Which tells me they don't really care about it. Well I love my 2. And would like to see more on the road. ZOOM ZOOM!

I think the 2 would be hard to market. It's one of those cars you have to drive to appreciate.

Then by that reasoning they are not selling a lot of 3's. Ford still advertises the f150 and they sells lots of those. I understand your reasoning but can not subscribe to it. KIA sells the soul hand over fist and they still advertise it. They would just have to kick up production. Just don't get it. I have not seen one ad on tv or print for the 2 ever. Which tells me they don't really care about it. Well I love my 2. And would like to see more on the road. ZOOM ZOOM!

Who cares about "Ford" I thought we were talking about Mazda. Perhaps Ford likes wasting money to sell Trucks.. (and yes I know that they are the same company but they are also not at the same time)

I think its more of this. Let the product sell itself mentality. Ford simply wants to shove the highest trim level model in your face. When I went to several ford dealerships, they just simply tried to sell me a fiesta titanium model or something with all the bells and whistles. Mazda simply is the quiet kid who twiddles their thumbs in the corner but has great products as well. I hate ford america though since we never get any of the good products and are left with products for "sorry for your small ding dong" type consumers. The stang, trucks, more friggin trucks, and even more trucks is all I see them really move. Now internationally, both companies are well acclaimed and welcomed to the market. Here, if "it ain't something extravagantly overkill to cure my small dong syndrome" I ain't buying it.

I think it's as simple as it being due to Mazda not making much of a margin on the 2. They make more profit off of 3's and CX-5's because those models offer higher-level trim packages. Base model 3's make less profit than top-model 3 S Grand Tourings, for example. They probably figure that if they're going to throw advertising money at a couple of models, those might as well be the ones that not only have the best chance of selling (lets face it, there are still a lot of Americans who would refuse to drive something as small as the 2), but also make them the most money.

We actually had a pretty reasonable commercial campaing here in canada for the 2. Not as much anymore, but it was when it was first released.

We actually had a pretty reasonable commercial campaing here in canada for the 2. Not as much anymore, but it was when it was first released.

I do remember that a bit, especially with the Yozora.

But the only reason why I ever considered getting a 2 in the first place is because I knew about them back when they were still only being sold in the Asian and European markets, and thought it would be cool to have one. You know, forbidden fruit and all.

Actually. There was one Mazda 2 commercial about a year and a half ago that showed the Mazda 3 and Mazda 2 in one commercial. I think it might have been during some sporting even championship. I'm pretty sure i saw it twice but that's about it.

I've searched and searched for it online many times but till these day can't find it. I only find Thai and Canadian commercials.

About a year ago my wife mentioned that she saw an ad for the 2 on TV, and that it had some sort of animal theme (rabbit?) in a way that was reminiscent of the Kia Soul commercials. I never saw it, though I did find on YouTube that back in early 2011 Mazda sponsored one of Mayer Hawthorne's concert tours with the 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h12AoqSWeyM

(There are a bunch of other related videos on YouTube, just search for "Mayer Hawthorne Mazda 2".)

There was definitely a commercial for the 2 in the US. I remember the little green guy and the green Mazda 2. Something about "unleashing your inner driver" maybe it was late 2010 early 2011.

I would be happy if they just mentioned the 2 in a commercial. But I did see one in a commercial for some sort of university. It was in a parking lot the main character was driving past.

The inner driver one was the little green alien, and some guy who looked way more edgy than was necessary.

Back