Why does it take 13seconds to get to 60mph?

P5inMD

:
Mazda Protege5
hey, I just recently got my 2003 p5. its completely stock and I ran it (pedal to the metal) in drive and it took a good 13 seconds to get to 60. I'm confused. I also tried it in tiptronic and it was still the same. why??? what is typical stock time for 0-60?

hmmm, that is odd, does it say "Mazdaspeed" on the back of it . . . b/c if not I'm afraid you purchased the wrong protege my friend.

however dont loose hope yet, stay on this forum long enough and we'll cut that time in half. promiss.

my heel-toe brings all the girls to the yard...

I can teach you, but I'd have to charge...

P5inMD, I just want to let you know that your first thread ever on this forum has been seriously (jacked) lol

Trial by fire!

:p

JK, we're (mostly) all slow in this club (second)

My MP3 gets to 60 in no time flat. Maybe mine is a factory freak.

But yeah, 13 seconds...either you have an auto, or you're the worst MT driver ever.

Time for someone to get more HP.

yeah, P5s feel kinda gutsy because of the torque but honestly it's just fun to drive, not actually that powerful... hahaha... i love it though, i only drive for the experience and it's the best driving experience out of any stock car i've ever driven (with the exception of a WRX, but that's in an entirely different price range... hahaha)

P5inMD said:
hey, I just recently got my 2003 p5. its completely stock and I ran it (pedal to the metal) in drive and it took a good 13 seconds to get to 60. I'm confused. I also tried it in tiptronic and it was still the same. why??? what is typical stock time for 0-60?

with tiptronic at wut rpm were u shifting?...last time i checked mine wasnt that slow o_O ....stock

My WRX is quick

PimpSmurf said:
yeah, P5s feel kinda gutsy because of the torque but honestly it's just fun to drive, not actually that powerful... hahaha... i love it though, i only drive for the experience and it's the best driving experience out of any stock car i've ever driven (with the exception of a WRX, but that's in an entirely different price range... hahaha)

+gospel

lol! y'all are funny. yeah its a auto. I have MT 96 sentra gxe and it feels like the sentra can keep up. I'm not enthused. I can drive stick. I got the auto cause of the convience. how can I get more power to the wheels? 90hp is horrible.

P5inMD said:
lol! y'all are funny. yeah its a auto. I have MT 96 sentra gxe and it feels like the sentra can keep up. I'm not enthused. I can drive stick. I got the auto cause of the convience. how can I get more power to the wheels? 90hp is horrible.

THe simplest and cheapest meathod, is to get a different car.
Otherwise its FI or nothing.

13 sounds slow to me even for an Auto. Shouldnt it be 10 or 11 at worst?
Id get that puppy serviced. How many miles?

Back