Which rear MM for least vibes? Anyone using the CP-E mount?

5][Spyder

:
2008.5 Metro Grey GT
From a technical standpoint I would think the cp-e mount would be the least vibes as it maintains a rubber bushing instead of poly:
http://www.***************/CPE_Engine_Mount_MAZDASPEED3_p/ms3wb.htm

I currently have the corksport mm insterts and IMO they could be a bit firmer but they already have some decent vibes.

Can anyone who has gone from the inserts to another mount comment on vibes increase and shift feel increase?

Anyone have the CP-E mount and mind chiming in about how it feels?

Do not get a TRZ. This thing vibrates like crazy. I just ordered a CP-e 60 duro rear mount, but I dont have it yet. Apparently, after the break in, theres like no vibes. Im sick of the TRZ after 3K miles.

Ok thnx for the info, please post up if u would as soon as u get that bad boy installed and tell us how the vibes are.....

Had theirs and it made my DVD skip in my nav. Another guy local to me did too. We both now have the cpe mount, leagues above the su mount we had.

I have the corksport inserts as well and I think they are great! I really don't notice anything even with the A/C on. If you go with something firmer than these there will be vibes for sure.

Had theirs and it made my DVD skip in my nav. Another guy local to me did too. We both now have the cpe mount, leagues above the su mount we had.

So what is your opinion of the vibrations on the CPE mount? Do you have the 60 duro version or the 75?

I have the cp-e RMM 60 duro. The vibes are minimal and a touch more with the A/C on. The mount is no problem for daily driving. Definitely a worthwhile investment.

Last edited:
I love my 60 durometer CP-E mount. I had the CS inserts for well over a year before I got it, and it's a marked improvement. Now that it's broken in I barely notice it even with the AC on.

in terms of the cpe 60duro vs trz polyurethane which is stiffer? if the trz out PERFORMS the cpe then im fine with living with the vibes from the trz but if the cpe performs just about the same if not better with less vibes then im def gonna have to switch over

Pretty much what dandy said, does the CPE mount offer the same results as the TRZ with a more comfortable ride or are you sacrificing a little performance for less vibes?

I too have the CorkSport MMI and it's been in for 31K and the car vibes like crazy sometimes with the a/c on sitting at idle, but once it's moving no issues at all. I've checked a mounts to see maybe one is bad, and also dealer checked and no issues so not sure exactly what causes the motor to shake like it's gonna fall out any minute sometimes.

Ihad the corksport insert and am now running the 75 duro cp-e mount the difference in vibes is VERY minimal, but the difference in performance is night and day go with the cp-e mount

I too have the CorkSport MMI and it's been in for 31K and the car vibes like crazy sometimes with the a/c on sitting at idle, but once it's moving no issues at all. I've checked a mounts to see maybe one is bad, and also dealer checked and no issues so not sure exactly what causes the motor to shake like it's gonna fall out any minute sometimes.

I just got my CPE 60 duro put on today and the vibes are rough with the AC on, almost unnoticeable when the compressor is off. This is at idle, or more specifically, below 1000 RPM's. I think the factory idle is too low, and the motor vibrates because of this, and a stiffer mount just transmits that into the cabin.

My question, more importantly, is... would a factory idle set at 1000 have allowed Mazda to use a non-bad mount in the first place? And what effect would having the idle at 1k have had on the car's reliability/performance?

I just got my CPE 60 duro put on today and the vibes are rough with the AC on, almost unnoticeable when the compressor is off. This is at idle, or more specifically, below 1000 RPM's. I think the factory idle is too low, and the motor vibrates because of this, and a stiffer mount just transmits that into the cabin.

My question, more importantly, is... would a factory idle set at 1000 have allowed Mazda to use a non-bad mount in the first place? And what effect would having the idle at 1k have had on the car's reliability/performance?
The Mazda beancounters had a hand in not replacing the RMM with a stiffer,more performance suited piece. The idle is fine, but you can't have economy car RMM, in car pushing 100+ more hp, than the standard model.

Back