Where's the best place to buy Mazda map updates?

:
2016.5 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech
Think I did eBay or Amazon last time. 3 year. I'm expired at this point. Like to have this as a backup option. Curious to where the best place to buy is. Dealership pricing isn't attractive. Looks like just under $136 via the Mazda Toolbox for 3 years. $85 for single update.

Yea, these things are so bootlegged, I'd just buy a new card either from the link tduic shared or where you got the last one.

Why not just use Waze? SD card based navigation is out of date the day after it's created, whereas Waze is updated in real time.

Yea, these things are so bootlegged, I'd just buy a new card either from the link tduic shared or where you got the last one.
Using the original OEM SD card. Last time I got a discount code from Mazda that I got to use. Making it worth it.

Why not just use Waze? SD card based navigation is out of date the day after it's created, whereas Waze is updated in real time.
Agree totally. At least Google Maps. I like to have a backup option (if the price is right). Once in a while I'm in a location it might come in handy.

Hi there, I ordered 2023 maps for my CX-5 from this site:
Got it in one week or so, works fine.
Looks like the BHP166EZ1T card at that link. My OEM card has BHP166EZ1E. Year vehicle looks correct at the link but my infotainment is built into the dash. They have both versions, they refer to, as the external or tablet type screen. (2016.5 CX-5)

mine did yesterday on a sd I bought off amazon a few months ago. I decided to try and download the mazda toolbox (I am a computer dummy) and decided to give it a try. to my surprise when I plugged the sd card in my computer it said there was a newer version of maps available and it I hit the start button and about 30 minutes later my sd card was updated with the latest version. There was no warning or anything just said my sd card did not have the latest version it showed my version which was from early 2021 that was on the card and the vin to my car that it was married to.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-31 at 5.18.23 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-31 at 5.18.23 AM.png
    157.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6024-2.jpg
    IMG_6024-2.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_6025.jpg
    IMG_6025.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
mine did yesterday on a sd I bought off amazon a few months ago. I decided to try and download the mazda toolbox (I am a computer dummy) and decided to give it a try. to my surprise when I plugged the sd card in my computer it said there was a newer version of maps available and it I hit the start button and about 30 minutes later my sd card was updated with the latest version. There was no warning or anything just said my sd card did not have the latest version it showed my version which was from early 2021 that was on the card and the vin to my car that it was married to.
Must be a one year update card. I looked on Amazon but didn't find one that actually said three years.

Must be a one year update card. I looked on Amazon but didn't find one that actually said three years.
no look at the photo it is updatable until 10/01/2027 the Mazda toolbox faq says it will automatically install latest maps each time. regardless for $45 it was worth it compared to a oem for $499 or whatever they are.

Back