Where's my coolant going?

koston33

About a week and a half ago I took out my egr valve and throttle body for a cleaning because I had a check engine code. I put everything back together, only to realize my coolant hose running from my turbo to the egr vavle (if I'm not mistaken) tore. So I got some hose from autozone to replace it. Everything was running fine, but now almost eveyday I have to fill up my reservoir. The weird thing is I don't see any severe leaking. I also places cardboard under to see if I was leaking, and it was bone dry. I sometimes get a burning coolant smell. Could the turbo be doing it or in the engine or something? Someone told me air might be in the system. Is that possible? Please help

Does your exhaust smell like antifreeze ? I am not aware of a coolant hose going from the turbo to the EGR..there is a coolant feed to it but has nothing to do with turbo. I checked out the Service manual and can't see but one water hose to the EGR..where does the water exit from? I would check the hose routing..where does this hose of yours connect to the turbo?

sounds like you didn't connect one of the hoses properly and it's leaking out and burning away on the hot engine.

by the way, the factory coolant lines to the turbo are mostly hardlines.......what line are you talking about?

Latest posts

Back