Where were you on 9/11/2001?

Crazee D

Contributor
:
White P5 go-kart
I guess it's like asking my parents generation "Do you remember where you were when you heard Kennedy was shot?"

Who can forget where we were that morning our world changed?

I was holding my new born (6 WEEK old) son, passing him to my wife for a feeding.

I had just had my 1st birthday (turning 29) as a new Dad.
I knew right then his world we be so different than the one I grew up in.
DBZ.JPG

FlipandFunk said:
Running out of the pentagon. 1E681, my office was right next to the corrior that was hit.

Holy moly...good thing u were running. Hope u weren't being chased.

My cousin (one of only two I have) was scheduled for a business meeting that was taking place in the towers.
He had to call and tell them he would be late....good thing he was!

Kids in school, wife was in the kitchen. I was newly layed off and happened to be watching the news. Saw the second plane hit live on TV. I knew the towers would come down in a hour so it was horrible knowing that people were being told to stay put inside, and more people rushing in to help or watch.

walked into office, people were talking about some plane hitting the WTC, then saw the 2nd plane hit live on TV in the common area, stared at tv all day at work

then the next day i was laid off

Crazee D said:
My cousin (one of only two I have) was scheduled for a business meeting that was taking place in the towers.
He had to call and tell them he would be late....good thing he was!

my husband was scheduled for a meeting in the towers and forgot about it, they were on the phone asking him where he was when the first plane hit.

god damn Pixy....Nick is a luck SOB...glad he missed that one

I was at work listening to morning radio when it happened... then I went to HR to see the news coversage & watched live when the second plane hit & the buildings went down...
-pixy- said:
my husband was scheduled for a meeting in the towers and forgot about it, they were on the phone asking him where he was when the first plane hit.

Was sleeping when my roomate woke me up and was like "dood a plane just flew into the world trade center".

So i was like "wtf..ur bullshitting me" so I flipped on the TV (cnn) and watched. After I woke up a bit more I went downstairs to watch it with a couple neighbors that were over & my 2 roomates.

We saw the 2nd plane hit live on TV too, and kept watching until at least 4pm. Didn't go to class, I think it was cancelled at 12 noon anyways.

I worked for my best friend and his Dad in Alexandria VA. His mom called the office to say turn on the TV, a plane had hit the WTC. I remember thinking, "what kind of idiot couldn't steer around the WTC?" thinking it was a small plane and an accident. I think we saw the second plane hit, but I don't really remember. Then we heard about the Pentagon. Alexandria is not so far from the Pentagon.

We shut down the office. I'd ridden my bike to work that day, I asked a co-worker for a ride home. As we drove down Rt. 1 to my house, we could see the smoke from the Pentagon behind us. We passed one of the buildings that Metrocall has offices in, all the employees were on the roof watching the smoke. Turns out the president of Metrocall was on the plane that hit the Pentagon.

My mom woke me up when the first plane hit. When she told me a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center I told her to go to hell, that is a cruel joke. But then I got up right as the second plane was about to hit. For the rest of the day I did nothing but sit in front of the TV in pure shock...

evilmonkeyMSP said:
god damn Pixy....Nick is a luck SOB...glad he missed that one

everyone in the office got out (not with much time to spare) they were told to stay put, so they stayed. then one guy noticed his pen roll across the table and they just said "**** this" and left, good thing.

I was in my senior science class, we had turned on the tv to watch the school news, when the teacher hit the wrong button and turned it on the 11 news, we all sat and watched as the second plane hit on tv. Its weird how i remember exactly what i was wearing and who i was siting with....

I had just come back from econ class my freshman year of college.. my roommate (who would famously sleep in until 3pm) was awake and simply said the words "dude, we're under attack"

-pixy- said:
everyone in the office got out (not with much time to spare) they were told to stay put, so they stayed. then one guy noticed his pen roll across the table and they just said "**** this" and left, good thing.

Yeah, If I'm ever in a tall building on fire, and someone tells me to stay put, I'm not going to. There's usually more than one set of stairs, if one's on fire, I'll look for the other.

I was working nights at the time. Something just told me to wake up and turn on the TV.... About a minute after that, the second plane hit.

I was at work and my boss came in and yelled "Holy s***! A plane just hit the World trade center" My boss had a TV in his workshop in the basement of the building so we all went into the basement and watched TV, we watched the second plane hit and everyone was speachless. Nick called me and told me about the meeting he forgot about, we were all so freaked out so my boss told everyone to go home.

Foolish said:
Yeah, If I'm ever in a tall building on fire, and someone tells me to stay put, I'm not going to. There's usually more than one set of stairs, if one's on fire, I'll look for the other.

all of the guys in the meeting were there last time there was an attack on the towers, they had no clue there was a plane. They were told to stay were they were so they just assumed it was safer.

I was actually out of the country on that day.
I was in Hong Kong, at night time there about 9 or 10 pm, my mom got a phone call and turned on the TV with the local cable news channel showing one of the towels was hit.
Then the 2nd plane hit another towel live.
It was pretty crazy then cause that local cable news channel there reported there were rumors about "a few" major US cities were under terroists attack.
I worried like hell cause my wife was in US. It wasn't until like an hour later that they confirmed only NY and the Pentagon were hit.

Latest posts

Back