2007~2015 Wheels spin diagonally

Hello

I have a problem with my 2011 CX9. I am no mechanic on my own, but as we live in Europe, we don't have that much support and so I wanted to ask here, if someone knows this problem:

On last sunday I drove out from a sidestreet and it was quite quickly but not full throttle and we heard something like I would hit a huge (!!) stone on the street but there was nothing and could also not spot anything. It was really like I clashed into something but there wasn't anything. My kids thought someone crashed into our back, but we were alone. The next day, I drove backwards out of my parking lot and noticed a "tak tak tak" coming from behind. Ok, checked tires, all are ok. Tak tak only gets louder, when I take a narrow right-hand bend, despite this, the car acts pretty normal, so I went to the store to do my groceries. But then when I was done and again had to drive fast out to the street, I noticed that the wheels spin like hell but I cannot go forward. So I pushed the throttle very carefully and could drive back home. When I was in the garage, I saw what happens: The right front tire and the left tire in the back are spinning like hell and the car barely moves, plus the 4WD blinks. Has anyone experienced this? No other failure codes. In this forum, I only find posts that the AWD changes to FWD, but I have the problem, that the tires are spinning diagonally. The garage is checking what it could be, but they are a bit in the dark, because our car is seen very seldom here.

Thank you so much for advice and have a nice day! Greetings from Switzerland.

Seems to be the transfer case... there are also times where just the front wheels spin and sometimes on in the front and one in the back.. and the differential looks very good, they took a look at it today.

Latest posts

Back