What should I do with my MP3?

Karl Marx

Contributor
:
MP3 With Clunk Package
My Mp3 had way too much in repairs so i decided to switch. I'm now stuck with a MP3 in my driveway.

Its not in very good shape to be honest.

Brakes/Pads/Discs/Callipers need to be changed. Rust is starting at several places. Suspension Bushing. EGR Valve and Oxygen sensor. 195k km. Burns oil and a few other things...:S

Don't flame me because i don't take care of the car...i used to take really good care of it but in the end i just got sick of having stuff break all the time that i stopped carring.

Just wondering what i could get out of it. 1-2k maybe? ( canadian )

Or just sell of some parts and drop it off at a scrapyard? Might seem drastic but keeping it for a few more months will not even cover my insurance on it when i get rid of it.

well theres a bit of rust on the back where the wheel is.. but the worst is at 2 places. Mazda repaired my door handle when someone tried to break in... the rust there is terrible. Mazda replaced my windshield, the rush on the passenger column is terrible. ( was a few years later but its def. their fault ). Heres a pic but its with my iphone and its not that good. But even there you can see it

4907_120561245629_533325629_3301235_3685956_n.jpg

For the ECU i don't know. I was kind of asking what people would do in my situation. Try to sell even with the long list of repairs or just part it out? Parting seems alot of trouble considering its alot of small things for low $

i guess theres still alot of things people could buy.. spoiler, headlights, taillights, rims, doorlocks ( mine are new the old ones rusted out with mazda's special anti rust crap ), etc.... would people buy them?

Altough there are alot of P5's in scrap yards for alot of parts :)

btw had to show off new car sorry its not a mazda .. i was deciding between a ms3 or this. I know totaly diff cars but both had things i wanted
i suck at taking pictures the angle makes the back wheel look like a 16 inch wheel.

4631_116717410629_533325629_3226105_8384349_n.jpg

Nice...I would say part out and then charge those in the US more for shipping since they always charge you guys more...

1-2k? You crazy????????! Your MP3 is still in 1 pieces. All the stock parts alone worth more than 1000$CAd already.

I've see some bad shape MP3 selling at 4000$ish....
I don't see how hard is is to get 4000$CAD for your car....

When I have my MP3, I changed the brake Pads and disc. They cost me about 400$ parts (Brembo plain and PBR Deluxe pads), Caliper is probably about 60$ parts alone each?

EGR, I fixed mine for 250$ I think

Rust....How bad it is? Mine has a bit of rust at the bottom of driver and passenger door, but hardly noticeable from outside.

MP3 is a limited edition car, don't throw it away like a garbage!!!

My Mp3 had way too much in repairs so i decided to switch. I'm now stuck with a MP3 in my driveway.

Its not in very good shape to be honest.

Brakes/Pads/Discs/Callipers need to be changed. Rust is starting at several places. Suspension Bushing. EGR Valve and Oxygen sensor. 195k km. Burns oil and a few other things...:S

Don't flame me because i don't take care of the car...i used to take really good care of it but in the end i just got sick of having stuff break all the time that i stopped carring.

Just wondering what i could get out of it. 1-2k maybe? ( canadian )

Or just sell of some parts and drop it off at a scrapyard? Might seem drastic but keeping it for a few more months will not even cover my insurance on it when i get rid of it.
Please keep me posted of what you'll be doing with it...I have a fair amount of body work that needs doing, including some work on the rear bumper/lip and whatnot, so I'd be willing to do some parts swap + cash...and would be looking at a few very small pieces for here and there in the car.

Seeing as I could easily swap parts with you since I'm only a couple of hours away, this could work out for both of us.

Having said that, you'd get way more then a couple grand for the car if you sold it. And I'll be upgrading my rear brakes (which were all replaced this spring) to an MSP setup in August, so I could sell you my gear for not much at all if you decide to keep it ;)

I'm starting to see rust too which surprises me a bit.
That was a joke right? Your car is 8 years old...

if you are parting out i will be interested in a couple pieces myself. keep me posted.

"EGR, I fixed mine for 250$ I think"

wow thats a lot, i bought mine online for like 60 bucks and bought a six pack for me and a friend and it was done in about 45 mins.

Keep it, build it and call it your own. LOL. Seriously i would hate to see another one go even for such minor problems.

"EGR, I fixed mine for 250$ I think"

wow thats a lot, i bought mine online for like 60 bucks and bought a six pack for me and a friend and it was done in about 45 mins.

I have everything done all together, don't remember how much for the EGR fix along....probably 200$ parts and labour included.

It is always nice to have some mechanic friends, save you a lot on repairs.

yea i know what you mean, i used to go to a shop where i knew the people real good, but then people started getting sketchy so i started to do my own stuff. I mean when i get charged 115 for a tune up when i bought all the parts i figured i will take the time and do it myself.

When i went to the dealer about the EGR they told me some crazy number, i just walked right out of ther. i think they said like 400 of some thing, went on line on my iphone ordered it and walked. damn dealers.

Back