What kind of mazda is this?

Hi

I've been having trouble finding out the particular model of mazda.

6730896_full.jpg

6730987_full.jpg

The car i'm looking at buying

In NZ it's called a 1994 mazda lantis, imported from Japan.
It's like a sedan version of the mazda 323f, you will notice it has
larger front lights than the 323f, and at the back the break lights
are small and don't join together like they do on the 323f

Any information on this would be appreciated. I'm thinking of buying
one but it's hard to search the net when i don't know the alternative
model #s

Cheers
Mike

i dont think it is a variation of the 323f. this seems to be a mid-size class model. plus it has a different engine (v6)

seems to not have a match.. though it's closer to the 626 or Millenia if i say so myself...

don't take my word on that, though.

heck at first glance it almost thought it was a Cosmo

That does not look like a Lantis.

This is a Lantis:
e65_lantis_94silver%20003.jpg

e65_lantis_94silver%20006.jpg

Looks more like a Daewoo something

This is what I found on Wikipedia, hope it helps. According to this, it is related to the Millenia, and it is related to the Lantis.

"323F/Astina

Mazda 323F sedanA five door hatchback and four door sedan, both featuring pillarless doors and distinct sheetmetal from other 323s was sold in Japan as the Mazda Lantis, in Australia and South Africa as the Mazda 323 Astina, and in Europe as the Mazda 323f. They were built on platforms distinct from the other 323s. The Lantis was on the CB, a minor update of the CA that underpinned the luxury Mazda Xedos 6 and Eunos 500. The European 323f was designated BA, but was actually almost identical to the CB, and had little to do with other B platforms. These models were sold with the 1.5 L and 1.8 L engines seen in the rest of the 323 range, as well as a 2.0 L V6 shared with the Eunos 500."

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_Proteg%E9

yes they are called 323Fs. there were actually limited numbers of them released in Canada for about a year

Back