What kind of cars would you rather have?!

:
1999 mazda protege es
If you could have a new car that you could have had before your mazdaspeed protege or non speed protege what would you pick and why?

reason is im looking for a new car that has good aftermarket support and has good handling no convertibles!

I've had more 240's than you can count on both hands. Since you're from Texas, rust shouldn't be too much of an issue but check the frame rails for rust. ESPECIALLY where the frame meets the wheel well and the turn down under the firewall. The strut towers and spare tire area are other common rust points. If you're going from a newer car, like your Protege, I would try to find an s14. They're a bit more relaxed and more comfy. If you want something that has a touch more sporty feel and you can religiously beat on and not care, get an s13. They're typically a lot cheaper too. Personally, I miss daily driving a 240 but I love my MSP too much to drive a gutted, caged, stiff car on the street..

If you want to drive to Virginia, I have an s13 I'll sell you:)

i actually amm buying an s14 tuesday its a shell but ill make a build thread on here so i wont completely dissapear from this forum but i do have some curiousity about the handling with coils ruca and all new bushings will it handle better than a msp?

Thats something I really can't compare. All of my s-chassis cars have been used for drifting. I never really got to drive them on the street. Plus I never did anything to really find out how well they handled other than for what I built them for. They did handle extremely well though. Just don't buy cheap suspension bits. I HIGHLY recommend PBM suspension stuff..

Yeah i was reading on the isis suspension stuff everything but coils not skimping there but i have heard nothing but good from isis and ken at enjuku racing backs them up and warrantys all there stuff but hey i have a couple questions i wana drift and autocross what suspension stuff should i get on a budget im going to get the isis arm package coils and energy master bushing kit any thing else like swaybars what good whats not haha i would go google it but most people bash stuff on nissan forums without firsthand experience hence why im asking what has worked for you

I have had Stance, Buddy Club, Tein, PBM, and Megans so far (coilovers). I liked the feel of the PBM's on track the most BUT every car has been set up a bit different. The PBM's will run you a touch over 1k. I've had ISIS arms/rods on two cars now and I never had an issue. One of those cars was sold a good buddy who has dd'd the car for almost three years now. He hasn't had a single issue. As for sway bars, I had a set of 30mm godspeeds one time and they were fantastic! You can buy them off ebay for like $150 front and rear.

Good choice on not going with ISIS coils. I have a buddy who was pushing his car on the street one night and the treaded body snapped where the collars were locked together.

To start drifting though, all I would do right now is coils, arms/rods, and a welded diff. Once you get comfy, grab a bucket seat and some more power. Work on your suspension setup a lot.. Camber up front will allow for maximum contact patch while the wheels are turned.

If you're going with a Ka, do not waste your money on an intake, header, or exhaust. They're useless.

Yeah it is kind of like the protgs either boost it or stay stock the rest is a waste of money haha but yeah I know Isis coils are rebadged godspeeds but yeah are you familiar with the ka turboed I want to run 12.5 in the quarter built block? Or stay na t also it's not going to be a daily but might see maybe 10000 miles a year so I want it to pretty reliable and I'm so confused on how tuning is for these cars like the jwt ecu can be used on any boost setting with no retune I feel like a complete newb but enthalpy vs jwt for tuning which one would you choose?

A good buddy of mine was making 301whp and 288ftlbs from the JGS kit and Nistune on about 12psi. That is what I would run. The rom tunes are decent if youre running a t25. I would run the Nistune where you could run a couple of boost settings. Any ems that allows multiple tunes is what I would go with.

Ok good info have you heard anything about isis turbo manis i read theyre thicker then ebay ones but its bottom mount but i want a top mount and what turbo comes with that kit t25?

I have a few buddies running the ISIS maniflold and they haven't had any issues yet. Apparently the JGS kit dosn't come with the turbo anymore.. Their manifold is a top mount and pushes the turbo further away from the BMC so your brake fluid doesn't boil..

http://jgsturbo.com/ka24et.html (I know it says "e" but at the top of the page is the "de" kit)

You can find top mount t25 manifolds on ebay but if you grab one, reweld it. They tend to crack super quick. You may get lucky though and never have an issue.

Personally, I would piece a kit together. You can find cheap, real, quality parts on Zilvia all day..

Yeah man for 300-350 t28 or 30 I wana auto cross too but idk about the spool on the gt30 and no Hondas unless it's an s2k lol I hate hondas

GT3071 plus anti lag.. Full-Race, check them out.

Personally, I would run a 2871. Quick spool and plenty of power.

A good buddy of mine was making 301whp and 288ftlbs from the JGS kit and Nistune on about 12psi.
smile.jpg

smile.jpg

I am i wish it didnt have a sun roof either im going to need a new hatch two fenders and rebuild the engine and paint im still undecided on the paint i need someone to trade a regular subframe with also it diesnt have an engine but i put a battery on the leads and turned the keybover to see if the dash would do anything and it didnt what could cause this

Back