what is everyones plans for thier perfect roadster

msmmx5

my plans are to reach 500 rwhp and still keep it streetable and fun to drive.

by doing this i plan to have flyin miata build the engine, tranny and dif. Probably running around 25 psi. i would also have to the Magic JIC FLT-A2 coilovers for suspension. with all of that i should be good.

i think iam going to go with the hydra. and just have to swap back to the ecu and parts during smog time.

sounds like its going to be a beast. I wouldn't no where to start with an mx5 but you def need a good sized turbo to reach that hp goal ..lol

the perfect roadster would be reliable, fun to drive, and comfortable. It should have the right balance of power to handling. It should also get decent MPGs. So I guess if we're talking perfect modern day roadster, an '05 LavaSpeed would be real nice.

Now if we're talking about building something off the wall, I'd drop a FI 460 in a '32 that's channeled. the rear end would have to be a quick-change converted to IRS set up. Oh, and lake pipes. Gotta have lake pipes with flamethrowers :)

This in ALL black (ie. no stickers + unpainted wind splitter)

DSCN9321.jpg

MiaTurbo said:
the perfect roadster would be reliable, fun to drive, and comfortable. It should have the right balance of power to handling. It should also get decent MPGs.

I've become reasonable like that too. I kind of enjoy that my Miata soaks up a speedbump better than my Protege. Of course visually.... I would like a small drop. (eyeballs)

I guess my ideal roadster this sec... because the best roadster to me is one you can use A LOT... would be the sure to eventually come Mazdaspeed MX-5 with retractable hard top.

i would have to agree with you silverbulletes. I cant wait to see what they do with that car. maybe but highly unlikely we could get a 2.3L turbo with all wheel drive mx-5 with the retractable hardtop.

Back