So what are your Winter plans?

kcbhiw

What "Lifestyle"?
Contributor
:
64 Valves, 16 Cylinders, 7.2L, 622 HP
What's in the works for your roadster for next spring? The cold weather is here and dropping the top at near freezing temps isn't as much fun as it could be. I'm sure there are many other things that can keep the heat on in the mean time. So what's happenning to you your Miata this winter?

My projects (for the white Miater) to hold me over include building a '99 MY 1.8L built to factory tolerances, Rota RB wheels, and ground control coilovers. Unfortunately, plans for the Turbo racer will have to wait until next summer :(.

Post your plans, folks!

Last edited:
-Krıstın said:
sounds like a good plan! not sure what ill be doing next

Though (the real) Kristin posts a bit much, lets not be a troll and ***** things up. k?

Last edited:
Currently waiting for my Racing Beat performance package from www.gomiata.com as well as a couple of other goodies from Raven Wing Perfomance , working on getting a new convertable top , trying to locate an M1 hardtop, and finally getting her ready for spring.:p

The list continues......(eekdance)

Last edited:
kcbhiw said:
Though Kristen posts a bit much, lets not be a troll and ***** things up. k?
damn fucker! as a miata owner i just thought i would put in that i dont know what ill be doing next to my car. no more lap dances for you!

z00mer said:
Currently waiting for my Racing Beat performance package from www.gomiata.com as well as a couple of other goodies from Raven Wing Perfomance , working on getting a new convertable top , trying to locate an M1 hardtop, and finally getting her ready for spring.:p

The list continues......(eekdance)

Niceness. Good luck on the hardtop. Keep any eye out on Craigslist. It seems as though that's probably the best place (that I've found) to find a 'decent' price on one. However, that's short of buying a cheap Miata and reselling it while keeping the hard top.

my next steps during the winter will be molding on my sideskirts, prob getting a tonneu cover and maybe a spoiler and finishing off getting it all color matched. should get it all done in the beginning of january, retail management+holidays+miata being my daily driver = cant do much till after xmas hehe. after that ill prob start on the interior and then performance and then... lol the list can go on and on

full roll cage, MegaSquirt, real intercooler set up, and race-spec suspension.

When I take off the roll bar, and the Konis from Kluge I'll swap them to the black car :p As Eric said, it'll be my back up car (evil)

Get the rust fixed on the rocker panels, Jackson Racing highflow cat(if the seller ever E-mails me back again), maybe a custom intake. I've got real problems with my Protege's exhaust to take care of also.

I have a header sitting in the garage. Getting a set of 15" Kazera's from an autocross buddy with RT-215s on them. Maybe a new drivers seat, just don't know what to put in!

If we get off our lazy bum-bums we might actually tear down & rebuild the engine. It wouldn't be winter if there wasn't a car minus an engine in the garage.

Oh....almost forgot one other thing: change valve cover gasket. Plug wells to cylinders 1 and 3 have oil leaks.(hand)

My winter plans include sliding around when it's wet and icy, and being sad about how dirty my car is.

well being in FL, my winter plans are usually the same as my summer plans, since it is my daily driver. However, I did just put new 18in polished rims on this weekend. I am ordering today, new complete exhaust, TB Pipe, Intake, BOV all from Flyin Miata, that will be getting installed in the next couple weeks. Then I am meeting with my paint guy to come up with new paint scheme.

MX-5 said:
well being in FL, my winter plans are usually the same as my summer plans, since it is my daily driver. However, I did just put new 18in polished rims on this weekend. I am ordering today, new complete exhaust, TB Pipe, Intake, BOV all from Flyin Miata, that will be getting installed in the next couple weeks. Then I am meeting with my paint guy to come up with new paint scheme.

Oh cmon, your paint with racing strip is sweet... just please dont ruin it by going with some awful color... :(

gksspot said:
Oh cmon, your paint with racing strip is sweet... just please dont ruin it by going with some awful color... :(

nope, going with black stripe instead of silver.

Add more chrome and water injection!!!!!!
show_image.pl

Back