What have you done to your protege today, 99-00's only

my friend says that the trans will bolt up like every thing is the same except for the clutch and flywheel im going to buy a new trans from the junkyard from and 01-03 and steel the clutch and fly wheel and see if hes right if not it will just be waiting on the fsde

lol, I thought the "Protege" thread was ya'lls stomping ground... Gonna be 6 people total in this thread, lol. (2thumbs)

Stfu lol...seriously though kid I JUST did the swap. No offense but I don't care what your friend says but he is WRONG

4cyl swaps what a joke, im kidding im being THAT guy making smart ass comments.

I have to agree just by looking the bell housings from the FS to the FP there are some noticeable differences between the two.

dacquesta have you made a thread for your build? I think it would be cool to see.

on topic: at lunch I emptied my two catch cans, i love seeing what isnt going back into my intake. about 4oz between the two in 1300miles 780 of which were just this weekend

Last edited:
No I haven't made a thread yet..the last picture I have is the head gasket on the studs....I dropped my camera after that and it broke so that's the last picture I have. Ill take a few of the finished job with my moms but there's no pics between the head studs and the finished job.

292k how much oil is that fucker burning my fp at 200k was burning 2.5 quarts a week (350) miles

ahh i see, well when you get the pics, post them up anyways.

actually i was dreaming its 291 something ill take a pic when my dad gets home (he takes the keys cause he knows ill drive(drive)

4cyl swaps what a joke, im kidding im being THAT guy making smart ass comments.

I have to agree just by looking the bell housings from the FS to the FP there are some noticeable differences between the two.

dacquesta have you made a thread for your build? I think it would be cool to see.

on topic: at lunch I emptied my two catch cans, i love seeing what isnt going back into my intake. about 4oz between the two in 1300miles 780 of which were just this weekend

so you have 2 oil catch cans am i understanding this correctly

swapped out my 2 center ac vents they were broke

Last edited:
im eating then going outside to do the first oil change, spark plug change and i need to bleed my clutch one or two more times. ill get to the axle issue on saturday along with the throttle cable.

No I haven't made a thread yet..the last picture I have is the head gasket on the studs....I dropped my camera after that and it broke so that's the last picture I have. Ill take a few of the finished job with my moms but there's no pics between the head studs and the finished job.

292k how much oil is that fucker burning my fp at 200k was burning 2.5 quarts a week (350) miles

it doesnt burn any oil at all

i photochopped my protege or edmunds same difference

Attachments

• pic-7317-1600x1200 copy.jpg
    pic-7317-1600x1200 copy.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 471
  • photochopped protege.jpg
    photochopped protege.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 478
Last edited:
Back