What have you done to your P5 today?

Yeah he loves it, I also installed a MSP racing beat muffler ( that's what makes me giggle ) sticks out like 4" sounds lovely though.

My ocd is going crazy cuz that hose clamp isn’t straight..
Haha, yeah uhmm, quick and dirty lol.

If it were mine I would have set it and measured with a caliper heh.

All is not lost as I will correct that when I plumb in the EGR properly. Gawd felt like a hack sinking a bolt init.

He keeps texting me all the corners he now accelerates through lol. One seriously happy camper.

Cost $41.50 ( thanks pick n' pull !! ). The cai was donated ( sold ) by me.

I have an identical header and cai in mine which will be switched out for the set of ractive racing headers ( long collectors ), and I also will be trying a single pipe cai. Just as soon as it's polished with Emery tape enough to blind me lol.
5011f87d6124f23b8e99c6eacd8d85f4.jpg

what's the go to brand of header these days where the egr lines up?
I am not certain for brands, the two I have used are both eBay OBX type. The one that lined up had the connection parallel to the top header flange. The one that gave me grief was 15 degrees off parallel and pointed outwards towards the rad.

I have pondered how to correct this and have dismissed the gas line replacement, as I feel the plastic will burn an curl off and into my engine bay ( icky ). I have also decided against using a length of Goodyear flame proof Chem hosing for the same reason ( although it may work, and I might experiment on some one else's car lol ).

What I aim to do is take a spare EGR pipe and fittings I have trim both of them to a proper length and connect them with a male - male adapter. Seems the simplest solution.

The one in my vice is a ractive racing 4 - 1 long collector type, I haven't installed this in mine yet but visual inspection tells me the EGR nub is parallel to the flange so I expect little troubles.

One thing I might mention in regards to eBay OBX as I have experienced is the fit can be tight with the mid pipe flange by the oil pan. Which makes those spring mounted exhaust studs even more annoying ( I recommend new ones when doing this, rusted nasty studs just plain suck to try to reuse $12cdn at a decent parts store ).

for what it's worth, I've done the corrugated EGR tubing like Kooldino showed years ago. it works fine, never had any plastic curl, WAY easier to deal with.

for what it's worth, I've done the corrugated EGR tubing like Kooldino showed years ago. it works fine, never had any plastic curl, WAY easier to deal with.
Oh cool, thanks for letting me know. I may just suck up the $30 and be done with it. Thanks for the heads up that it's worked for you.

I have done a lot of work on the P5 lately. Installed the MSP lip, removed the front door vinyl, swapped the passenger front door, installed the MSP color matched mirrors, blacked out the headlights, installed the 6 front brakes and spacers on the front wheels. I have some Dunlop Direzza DZ102 215/45-17s on the way to discount to be installed on the racing harts tomorrow, and some HIDs on the way for the low beams.

Still planning to turbo the car and install the MSP transmission but need to install the speedo gear on the diff before I do. Can't decide if I should turbo it or not, since the car may be easier to sell N/A and won't be worth any more money. The trans and turbo setup are worth quite a bit individually.

$40>$80

Just sayin

Lol I probably won't keep the car for long so I am not too worried about it. I have two people trying to buy it for $3k which in my opinion is a fair deal for me (paid $400 for the car, swapped the engine and put a bunch of MSP parts on it). The motor is at 135k and the body and trans have 225k. Still runs great but I wouldn't mind making a quick buck.

There is a red P5 I may get this weekend that needs some work. Looks pretty nice and it's really cheap.

Got my new Dunlops installed today too.

A good wash/wax where applicable. Haha. Gonna fix the curbing on the wheels next week and plasti the wheels / wing / rear valence. Touch up missing paint. Can't wait!

Swapped out my cheapo junkyard Eibach springs for new Racing Beats.
They were low but really stiff, too much for my Tokico HPs to damp and
speed bumps were really bad. If it was only getting driven on a track
they might be OK with Illuminas.

Also installed my Cusco lower front brace, courtesy of CR3 Motorsports. Good
price and beautiful work - took a couple of months to get from Japan, but
worth the wait.

Next is mounting my new front tires and getting a proper alignment, the last
one wiped out a brand new set of front tires in less than 3000 miles. Was not
happy with that, and won't be going back to a place I trusted for several years.

Worst part was a road trip from Colorado to Texas with heavy rain on the way
home, couldn't figure out why the front was hydroplaning like crazy until my
next fuel stop. Looked at the front tires and my jaw dropped! Best guess is way
too much toe-in.

29214191_10157032330029179_5135670294087741408_n.jpg
New Rims and tires. Also installed LED tail and turn signals. I may install the LED load resistors but I kinda like the rapid flashing, helps people actually notice my signal lmao

Back