What have you done to your P5 today?

has anyone on here installed a full mazdaspeed suspension on their P5? I'm curious if its more or less comfortable or if you really notice. i realize its stiffer all around but I've driven a few mazdaspeeds and they felt really nice. I'm trying to convince my dad to install it on his P5 but he keeps going back and forth so any encouragement would be helpful!

I installed Tokico blues Which is what I think MSP has stock. Ride is pretty good. Little more bumpy but nice.
has anyone on here installed a full mazdaspeed suspension on their P5? I'm curious if its more or less comfortable or if you really notice. i realize its stiffer all around but I've driven a few mazdaspeeds and they felt really nice. I'm trying to convince my dad to install it on his P5 but he keeps going back and forth so any encouragement would be helpful!

I would not consider it harsh unless the roads you drive on are very uneven then of course you will feel all the bumps. I drive in New Jersey Newark area and I have gotten used to it. Our roads are not as bad as NY but they are similar. Never had an instance where I thought that the suspension is too stiff. Like with many other things in life I got used to it and I like it. The car doesn't lean as much on wide turns and responds to the road quite well. If I were you I would research to see if infact the blues are stock on MSP and compare. P5 has Tokico stock but not the blues so thats why I'm thinking that maybe the MSP has them.

I have done hours of research as to what parts would be the necessary for a full mazdaspeed conversion so I know what I'm getting into! Thanks so much for your input, I'll try to use it to my advantage

Not exactly what I've done today, but I'm in the process of trying to mend my broken fog lights. The old owner took it in to have the bumper resprayed and the numbskulls at the bodywork place just practically ripped the cover off and must not of realized that the fog lights were there and they broke some wires in the fog light harness. They did however repair it, but did a poor job. They taped the negative and positive wires together so the metal was touching if bumped wrong, leading to shorts and blown fuses. On top of that they did not tape it up well and now water has gotten into the system because the wires inside the driver's side fog light (the broken one) are corroded and the light does not receive enough juice to power on. The passenger side however works like a charm so we know it is not the whole light wire harness. Basically it is to the point where we believe that the wire is too much corroded to salvage so I might need to purchase a new fog light wire harness and lights. If anyone has any ideas on how to salvage or where I can purchase a new wire harness, that would be a great help.

Temporarily on stock 16's while I paint the MS3's. Going to remove the Vintage Gold plastidip, then paint them the same gold color.

20140630_125754%201_zps3kryhrko.jpg

Looking good JDM!

I got up early today to wash my P5 before work. Thinking plasti-dip is the next mod as the roof is starting to show it's age, despite all the detail work I have done over the years.

Plastidip will look terrible on the roof. Everyone who has done it that I have seen, online or in person, has looked very bad.
Sanding it smooth and wrapping it would be the best thing to do IMO. If my roof wasnt wavy from people jumping on it, I would have wrapped it ages ago

Installed medieval front pulley and awr passenger pulley now waiting for the transmission pulley to arrive from awr

Well, it's on now..........got that nice coated header from FS thread here so got started on that. After 10 yrs the egr pipe did not like leaving it's home on the header and decided to destroy itself coming off. I have ordered another one and a TB gasket since I'll have to pull that to get to the other end of the egr pipe. This is gonna lead to an anti-procrastination festival of putting in the thermal spacer for IM, doing coolant buypass on TB, redoing my groundwire setup, tranny inserts, CAI instead of SRI, full set of SAMCO hoses, finishing my HID fog conversion, setting up the filter sandwich plate and running wires to hook up oil pressure gauge, running wires for volt gauge. All parts on hand for too long so time to bust a move on it. That is stage 1 under the hood stuff. Stage 2 is gonna be ditching the 10 yr old lowering springs & busting into that box of freshy fresh new Espelirs and MSP bumpstops. Hope to get all that done in time for stage 3 which will be the JDM armrest and touchscreen do everything head unit with backup cam I've been sittin on. Time to whittle down the pile of projects that have been paid for and stored up.

Road trip to NY and back over the weekend. Put the 18" SSA Icon back in the hatch.

I have to get the rear end link bushings fixed bad, along with motor mounts, trans rebuild and clutch.

Installed the new power window assembly for the passenger side (Dorman) part.
im happy with the outcome & glad to have a working window again

Just did radiator replacement, upper/lower hoses, thermostat, new coolant, and washed down the engine bay. Took about 2 1/2 hours just taking my time. Came out to be $129.56 for all the parts.

Corksport 3rd link kit installed and got new tires today. Falken ziex612 in 215/45/17. They're huuuge!
I had a bad experience with those tires years ago. They were very slippery when the road was wet. I mean just wet and I'm not talking about hydroplaning. Therubber they were made of just made them a bit dangerous.

I had a bad experience with those tires years ago. They were very slippery when the road was wet. I mean just wet and I'm not talking about hydroplaning. Therubber they were made of just made them a bit dangerous.

Hmmm, well i'll have to keep an eye out for thatt then. Thanks for the warning.

Back