What have you done to your P5 today?

rolled the car out for some pictures in the fresh powder, shes back in the garage now ready for her long nap.

1-IMG_4420_zpse88e98c1.jpg

bikingpro, it's cars like yours and JRRobiso (among many) that make me happy to have a P5. They look amazing when taken care of properly.

I replaced my license plate light bulbs yesterday.

FYI for those who are going to do it, push the license plate light cover in the direction of the arrow that is molded on the cover, in my case, i pushed it to the right. Then, pull down the other end, in my case, it was the left side. Then, pop out the license plate cover. The left one had less wire length slack so this was harder to change.
In the license plate light cover, there are two small gray tabs in the license place light bulb holder that need to be pushed in, in my case they are on the right side. The left side has one thick tab that cannot be pushed in. Do one side and pull up so it clears the hole it is locked into. Then do the other side and pull up. Then, pull up on the right side so the housing can be removed from the cover. The 12v/5w bulb can be pulled out and a new one can be pushed in. I didn't have time to clean the inside of the license plate light covers because both were yellowing. It's a pain in the butt to unclip the left license plate bulb housing from the license place bulb cover, so bring a very small thin screwdriver. No other tools are needed.

NOTE: I didn't unclip the wiring harness into the license plate light housing because there wasn't a lot of wiring slack. With the license plate bulb cover off, it's an opportunity to sand and polish the inside area to remove the yellowing.

I should have taken pictures. It's a relatively easy job.

I had to do that a little while ago. There was some clearcoat that came off when I took off the cover :( Poor car.

replaced the drivers side door actuator assembly (turns out my old motor was shot & the gear was fine)[anyone need a spare gear :p]
also replaced the drivers side power mirror (someone must have hit something & split the housing & broken out the outer cover.

ordered a mazda 3 MP3 cd player to see what magic i can hybrid to work in the P5 system. (I prefer CD's to MP3 players) -i'll post more about this if i can make something work

went to replace the reverse lights... only to find out you have to remove the whole taillight assembly??? stupid stupid design

Looked at it all cozy in the 3rd side of the garage, smiled thinking about the last time I drove it the other day, dwelled upon a few things I need and want to do besides the GTSpec v brace arms finally found and bought that are on the way while hopping in the truck to traverse the 30 miles of muck to work & now posting up all that nonsense.................

^^^Congrats dude! I know you have been looking for those for some time.

I haven't driven mine all week. While the wife's 3 is in the body shop I'm driving a 2013 Kia Optima GDI.

moved her around the garage to install more lightning.
IMG-20131130-00311_zpsb3d6f0e1.jpg

and tuck her back under the cover when i was done for the day.
IMG-20131130-00312_zpsa699c033.jpg

bikingpro, it's cars like yours and JRRobiso (among many) that make me happy to have a P5. They look amazing when taken care of properly.

thanks its way to much work and money to have throw into an old car, but still cheaper than car payments.

Does anyone else's heat take longer than 20 minutes to get hot on colder days? It was 19* this morning and I have about a 20 minute drive to work. The car got up to temp after about 8 minutes, but I didn't get hot heat until I actually got to work. I'm thinking the heater core is getting clogged and that I just need to flush it out (I REALLY don't want to replace it). I need to get the coolant system flushed out anyways. I hate spending money for not-fun parts.

moved her around the garage to install more lightning.
IMG-20131130-00311_zpsb3d6f0e1.jpg

and tuck her back under the cover when i was done for the day.
IMG-20131130-00312_zpsa699c033.jpg

thanks its way to much work and money to have throw into an old car, but still cheaper than car payments.

I couldn't agree more. I plan to keep my ride as long it still runs. ��

scraped Ice off before going to work, scraped ice off before leaving work. I'm sure ill do the same tomorrow morning lol

I had quite the weekend in the snow. Delivered in 4 hours of snow and then went through town whipping up snow behind me (something I love looking at) and this was the ultimate result.

And these amazing creations are what made it possible for me to still feel confident going 5-10 over still (and just about get pulled over on multiple occasions). I love my Blizzaks. Definitely worth the investment.

I had quite the weekend in the snow. Delivered in 4 hours of snow and then went through town whipping up snow behind me (something I love looking at) and this was the ultimate result.

And these amazing creations are what made it possible for me to still feel confident going 5-10 over still (and just about get pulled over on multiple occasions). I love my Blizzaks. Definitely worth the investment.

and that is why everyone in my family only uses Blizzaks for winter tires from our AWD cars to the FWD beaters, good winter tires making driving in the snow/ice enjoyable.

Last edited:
Back