What have you done to your P5 today?

Don't get me wrong, i'm not knocking LED's but for them to work right, it's not simply plug and play

$37 for the low-beams, $55 for the high-beams from iJDMtoy.com. Knowing this new info, I'm intrigued to see the outcome. From the sound of it, I might see a projector retrofit in the future... which is ok by me.

just don't throw away your stock halogens. I have a bad feeling the output from the LED's will be FAR less than the oem halogens

color will look better but the actual usable light i feel will be worse, but the good thing about you buying em, you now know and can set the bar if they're usable or not!!

but projector retrofit FTW!

I like to keep spare halogens in my glove box just in case something stupid happens wih aftermarket bulbs. Hopefully the LEDs will be in by Monday so I can either enjoy or regret.

Does anyone know of a reputible retrofitting source? That's something I'm not willing to waste money on.

theretrofitsource

the products are good (though not the cheapest) but personally, the customer support is worth the extra money

theretrofitsource

the products are good (though not the cheapest) but personally, the customer support is worth the extra money
+1
and they have a forum that is alot of help as well

Hey guys :). Looks like this thread is still around. I miss the long long ago :p

Whoa...a Rob....wassup?

I like to keep spare halogens in my glove box just in case something stupid happens wih aftermarket bulbs. Hopefully the LEDs will be in by Monday so I can either enjoy or regret.

Does anyone know of a reputible retrofitting source? That's something I'm not willing to waste money on.

You were so close to the answer....lol Intrigued about these LED bulbs but gotta agree with Ty that the light output will be minimal at best. Be sure to post up pics once you get them installed.

Meh, today I drove to work and sat in bumper to bumper traffic thanks to a fender bender. Took me 20 minutes to travel 4 miles....ugh

20120222_160028.jpg
[/IMG]
Received in the mail today!
Wrinkle black vc.
Thanks Demis

Pulled my Corksport exhaust off the P5 today. If anyone is interested in buying my KL bolt in exhaust setup for the P5, let me know.

DEI wrapped OBX headers (w/ four O2 bungs and WB bung welded in) to a catless midpipe to the CorkSport Power Series exhaust. I'll get a FS thread up this weekend after pics. But for anyone looking to do a KL swap to their P5 this exhaust will bolt right up without any issues. One less headache. :)

http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6282

Interesting review of LED headlights, even seems to be basically the same design as what you have. 30 something bucks and appears from the picture to be very similar. He sums it up as an excellent replacement for DRL's as they look great, are just as noticeable by other drivers and use far less energy doing this. But he does say he would never use them for regular headlight bulbs for night time driving as they put very little light onto the road. Not trying to knock you man, just trying to help you out.

They do look cool, so if you prove me wrong and they have decent output, they're not a bad deal for the price. I think I'd rather go for a DDM HID kit and save for a mini H1 projectors down the road. Initially not much more money than these, with proven results and once you install the projectors, shockingly good results.

thats pretty pointless when you can get way better output from a hid kit.. sounds like a waste imo. hid projectors is the way to go
292084_2312441301158_1553171158_32474175_461122078_n.jpg

Last edited:
kalnhk.jpg

Pretty sweet color, but only one thing.. I cant remove the red overlay behind the gauges..
any suggestion? send me a pm if so, thank you (dont come here often hehe :) )

photo3.jpg

did my oil change today and sent a wheel to be repaired from the previous drivers curb meetings. Oh as you can see from the pic the drain plug was stripped and was a mission to get off. Gotta love those previous owners.(loser)

$37 for the low-beams, $55 for the high-beams from iJDMtoy.com. Knowing this new info, I'm intrigued to see the outcome. From the sound of it, I might see a projector retrofit in the future... which is ok by me.

I'm telling you firsthand that they're strictly for DRL use ONLY. You'll see. The light output it minimal.:dodgy: I also wouldn't recommend iJDMtoy. All they do is take some ebay L.E.D.'s and create pretty packaging for them, and mark them up. They're honestly all the same, all from China.

A good mod/bulb swap is the front orange turn signals to the LED switchbacks. It doesn't make your front markers orangey when off, and they are white for drls/parking lights, but will flash orange when you use your signal. I think they look good, and are practical. You'll have to get a different flasher relay, or just tap some 3ohm load resistors in. While you're at it, just do the foglight DRL mod too, so they can come on with parking lights. You'll be happy you did.(2thumbs)

http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6282

Interesting review of LED headlights, even seems to be basically the same design as what you have. 30 something bucks and appears from the picture to be very similar. He sums it up as an excellent replacement for DRL's as they look great, are just as noticeable by other drivers and use far less energy doing this. But he does say he would never use them for regular headlight bulbs for night time driving as they put very little light onto the road. Not trying to knock you man, just trying to help you out.

They do look cool, so if you prove me wrong and they have decent output, they're not a bad deal for the price. I think I'd rather go for a DDM HID kit and save for a mini H1 projectors down the road. Initially not much more money than these, with proven results and once you install the projectors, shockingly good results.

Very interesting indeed. This is the exact reason why I joined this forum. Granted, I jumped the gun a little and made the purchase BEFORE completing my research. However, It seems as though this purchase just turned into a $90 experiment. The expected delivery is set for Friday, which is perfect because I have plenty of time to get them installed and take good night shots.

Also, in the review he used an 18-LED setup. The high-beams I ordered are 120-SMD LEDs and the lows are 68-SMD LEDs. This will be a good review which I will try to have posted by Saturday. I really appreciate you guys for all the advice. I'm still a little new to this upgrading game. While I do consider myself an intermediate gearhead, I've never had to opportunity to invest in "quality" upgrades until now. My last car, that I just sold Sunday, was a '95 Protege LX with ~213k miles. All she had was a decent Pioneer HU, "ok" speakers, and some 8,000K HIDs. Once I get some more money in, I'll eventually do a projector retrofit. Cool beans dudes (and ladies, if applicable)!

Back