What have you done to your P5 today?

I remember my last oil change on the P5 at wal-mart... they used 4 1/2 litres of oil and forgot to change the filter. Epic win? I think so!

^^^ Nice! How did they even fit all that oil in there? I was putting in about 3.5 quarts when I changed mine.

very off topic but related to my post; my friends GF text me asking if she should check her tranny fluid with the car running. Of course I said no. But when she checked it she said it was low so she put more tranny fluid in. In the engine. Dames... haha

^^^ Nice! How did they even fit all that oil in there? I was putting in about 3.5 quarts when I changed mine.

very off topic but related to my post; my friends GF text me asking if she should check her tranny fluid with the car running. Of course I said no. But when she checked it she said it was low so she put more tranny fluid in. In the engine. Dames... haha

Hahahahahaha win. I'm guessing they overfilled by a lot, drained, overfilled again, etc.

Its ok though... my girlfriend honestly thought that I turned my car into a Focus...sedan.

Last edited:
Well then maybe I'm the dumb one.

She had an automatic anyway. She is a girl afterall... haha

Drove my P5 45mins on the highway today. Made a little video of an on ramp (up to legal speed). Car is still running super rich and I need to order a FPR next week to lean it out. But the backfires and pops are pretty kewl. The 20mpg, not so much...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmgupWv5dRA

The quality isn't that great since it's with my Droid cell and I had it mounted to use for GPS. But meh.

Last edited:
I lurked your build thread and watched all the videos... stop posting. You make me want a KL swap, and that'll cost me more than my car did. And then another chunk of change turboing it a year later, etc, etc...

So when's it getting turbo'd? :p

Also, back on topic, I painted my DG grill laser blue. I bought some gutter guard (the hinged stuff) from Lowe's for replacement mesh as it didn't come with any, and I was gonna paint it black... I'm just not sure if its the best option. Does anyone else have any suggestions? I have some diamond mesh that you use for stucco as well, its a little more flexible...

Fixed an interesting rattle today. It started yesterday when I rolled down my window; it sounded like someone dropped a nut/bolt into the passenger door pocket as the window reached the bottom of the track. From then on there was an annoying rattle from the passenger door.

This evening I took apart the door and sure enough there was a nut that fell out when I removed the door panel. Surprisingly the nut was one of 3 that holds the mirror to the door, the remaining two nuts were also loose. After tightening all 3 nuts the rattle was gone :)

I checked the driver-side mirror but those nuts were all tight. I'm guessing someone was lazy on the production line :p

Get another lower grill and hack it up to fit in the DGM grill.

This!

(mine)

2011-06-07185606.jpg

Gave her a bit of a rest and picked up this for Becky as we were in need of a larger car for two car seats:

d1615499.jpg

0e663b4d.jpg

972c7988.jpg

25e41533.jpg

af8f0207.jpg

eb10a8c6.jpg

17psi, tucked, 18" Motegis, and a few other goodies

drove home after a small vacation away in the car.. managed 850km on a single tank of fuel all highway.. had the car professionally detailed on the outside while we were visiting friends.

quick pic just after it was compounded before the wax.

IMG-20110716-00044.jpg

speaking of the actual P5, going to place a warranty claim the car after finding out it was only a $100 deductible. car should be up and going in the next month or so (may sell it to get a truck as I need something for the dogs and the kids)

Back