What have you done to your P5 today?

Lowered the back seat, removed the rear cargo cover, put the new tires and three wheels in the back **deja vu**....tracking has my fourth wheel on the truck out for delivery! (thumb)

So this afternoon I will get them mounted and balanced....and wash it before taking pics.

02pro5wagon said:
nice pic clean car

Here is the girl...

Misa Campo

http://codamon.com/2006/08/pinay-misa-campo/

misacampo020jq8.jpg

Oh, there was a girl in that pic? I thought something was blocking the view of the car (rlaugh)

jk :p

I've been out of this too long - school sucks when it comes to working on your car. Anyway, not today by any means but Friday I installed my long-awaited MAM midpipe only to realize it barely touched the crossmember enough to cause a rattle at certain RPM. So Sunday I took it back off, beat each hanger with a hammer twice and voila, no more rattle.

On another note the CCVT had our annual Fall Car Show on Saturday. I was there and fortunately there were four pics of my car. She was a little dirty but it didn't matter because I didn't win anything - kind of hard to with Vettes, Vipers, Supras, etc. around. Oh well, I attached the pics anyway. Oh yeah, '02 ftw! (first)

Edit: Oops, found 2 more. Bear in mind I didn't take these so don't flame me for the picture quality...

Last edited:
"what have you done to your(dads) 06 Avalon today??" washed her. the things a beast!! its so fast and i love the sport automatic.

"what are you about to do to your protege5 as soon as you get out of work today?"

well I need to um.. cut off one of the OEM bolts that holds the brackets for the rear sway bar to the subframe, and then find a bolt/nut that is the same size so that I can properly brace the driver's side of my AXR clunk fix bracket.

While I'm at the hardware store I'm going to see if they sell plywood in anything smaller than 4x8 sheets. I need something I can fit in my p5 without damaging anything that I can trim down to make a new floor in my trunk. I'm looking for the thinnest plywood I can find

Lookin good man! I like how subtle they are. How much do they weigh compared to stock?

Finally, a few crappy pics of the new drop. Nothing big, tokico illumina struts w/ Mazdaspeed Protege springs.

Attachments

• IMG_2377.JPG
    IMG_2377.JPG
    322.4 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_2378.JPG
    IMG_2378.JPG
    352.3 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_2379.JPG
    IMG_2379.JPG
    329.4 KB · Views: 202
aMaff said:
Lookin good man! I like how subtle they are. How much do they weigh compared to stock?

Finally, a few crappy pics of the new drop. Nothing big, tokico illumina struts w/ Mazdaspeed Protege springs.

Sorry but I didn't put them on a scale. But they were shipped two in a box and the weight of each box was 38lbs. So minus the weight of the box and packing (bubble wrap, air pouches and one piece of cardboard (omg)) I am going to say about 18lbs each?

Nice drop...subtle, if I do (BIG IF) I may go with the MSP springs. What is the drop front and back with those?

aMaff said:

dried leaf stuck on door FTW!!!!!!

RedHotP5 said:
Nice drop...subtle, if I do (BIG IF) I may go with the MSP springs. What is the drop front and back with those?
It's .75" F/R. The reason the front looks higher is that...well, it kind of is. We have more fender in the front for some reason than in the rear. The body as a whole is sitting flush in relation to the ground, but there's just more gap up front.

I lied.. I didn't work on my car after work. Actually.. um I fell asleep sometime before 6pm and woke up a little after 8. Damn that bed being all comfy and inviting looking and stuff.

now it's dark out and I think I might go wash the car unless it is supposed to rain tomorrow. I gotta at least temporarily stop my clunk too haha.

Back