What have you done to your P5 today?

so ill have to drop the midpipe next week and then grind the nuts off. pain in the but but oh well. also, my dremel died during this when i was trying to cut out one part :( a very sad day.

When I was replacing my oil pan I ended up in a similar situation. However I was able to drill through the nuts with the midpipe still on the car (you'd probably have to remove the header). So on my midpipe the nuts are still there but the hole in them is large enough to pass a bolt right through. I ended up making my own little spring system using some longer stainless bolts, some big washers and some new OEM springs. It's not as nice as the stock setup because you have to manually set the spring preload but it works nonetheless.

When I replaced mine I used one of those fancy O2 sensor sockets (there's a slot cut into the side of the socket to pass the wires) and an impact wrench. They both came out without any trouble :)

I have one of those too. I enjoy it highly. I did a sensor on a V6 eclipse and saw it flexing. Got nervous.

Plan to replace the rear wheel bearings. Set everything up to wire up the gauges and made the mounting brackets for the AEM unit.

Other than that just daily driving.

Oh changed oil yesterday.

Changed brake pads and serviced all calipers. Pins were dried. Then I tightened up the rear suspension since the front was done the other day.

Time to buy pads/rotors and maybe a caliper. Heard a squealing sound late last week and it goes away when I apply the brakes. Sounds like it's coming from the LF but we all know how that works. With my luck I'll have another seized rear caliper. :(

shift boot ordered

Genesis07-02.jpg

Alright. I Ordered tires and wheels. They are 16" Konig Rollers 7.5" e/t+40. Went with 16" so I could run 195/50's. I'm trying to keep the speedometer accurate and maintain ride quality. I know the OEM wheels are 6" wide with et+42 with 195/50's. Will it stretch on a 7.5" Wheel? I'm on H&R Sport Springs. Would hubcentric wheel spacers make the wheels more flush? I was considering them after my wheels are installed and adjustable rear end-links go in To determine what size spacers what point do I measure from?

Konig_Roller_Silver_Machine_Face-500x500.jpg

i had mine installed for $70 sold them my old cat for $50, so only costed me $20, wanted to be done right, i did however need to extend the lower o2 with a spark plug non foiler, to stop throwing a cel.. now they have had the heat change the color a bit looks good but feels great, lovin the headers...

Alright. I Ordered tires and wheels. They are 16" Konig Rollers 7.5" e/t+40. Went with 16" so I could run 195/50's. I'm trying to keep the speedometer accurate and maintain ride quality. I know the OEM wheels are 6" wide with et+42 with 195/50's. Will it stretch on a 7.5" Wheel? I'm on H&R Sport Springs. Would hubcentric wheel spacers make the wheels more flush? I was considering them after my wheels are installed and adjustable rear end-links go in To determine what size spacers what point do I measure from?

http://www.aspecwheels.net/image/cache/Konig_Roller_Silver_Machine_Face-500x500.jpg

OEM wheels are 6" +50 I believe. 195/50/16 will barely be stretched on a 7.5" wheel. I am running the same setup on RX8 AT wheels and it's barely stretched. Yes spacers would make the wheels more flush, just make sure your rear fenders are rolled.

Darn I've been asking for a power steering resevior for like a month now. I don't understand why they can't make me one. Especially since all orders are made as they are placed.

opened another parcel..
PART951332127339305.jpg

more detailed pics in my build thread..

Back