What have you done to your P5 today?

I hammered on a 4 way lug wrench and it just spun around since its a cylindrical lock . I have skills , just not in wheel lock removal .... lol.

center punch and hammer, spin it like an ignition cylinder bolt. Or drill it in two. Did it have stock MSP wheels?

Threw a few items in the hatch and drove to Wegmans.....

.....Got a call from Tamz earlier as she was getting ready to leave Wegman's. She came out of the store to find the DS front tire of the MPV was flat.

The culprit (forgot to grab the camera but the tire was as flat as a pancake when I got there).
MPV-FlatTireSept28th2009001.jpg

The tools (that I threw in the hatch as I wasn't using no stinking stock scissors jack).
MPV-FlatTireSept28th2009002.jpg

You thought Ty's P5 was off-roading (haha)....check out this wheel gap. :wow1:
MPV-FlatTireSept28th2009003.jpg

Until tonight I had never checked the donut on the MPV. Shame on me as it had 20psi and I forgot to grab my portable air compressor out of the P5 before Tamz loaded up the groceries and took the kids home. Once home I filled it to 60psi.

nice! You have already got a bunch done to the car, i wish i had more money to spend on mine.

i was really saving up for when i got a car i can mod..... I knew that as soon as i got it i was gonna invest in aftermarket parts so i decided to save..... I try to do things right the first time....

Trying to stay away from e bay, but its tempting.......

ksports do have a better seal company.
they're not that bad...just had a bad start. i just dont like em too much.

Have they ever dyno'd them? I don't ever remember seeing a dyno of the old versions.... probably because they couldn't keep them together long enough to do so...

What do you mean dyno em? I ran the old ksports and so did a lot of the 240sx people and they blew a lot. Now a days people still run em just resealed and no blows yet

You guys should check out Fortune-Auto.net Got mine in a GB for about $900. 30 way adjustable, 50mm over-sized piston, height adjustment separate from preload...

http://www.fortune-auto.net/fortune500seriescoilovers.htm

What do you mean dyno em? I ran the old ksports and so did a lot of the 240sx people and they blew a lot. Now a days people still run em just resealed and no blows yet

i am also confused phen

Follow Silver5's link. You'll see this.

mazda%20shock%20dyno.jpg

Testing of the shock. As far as I know, K-sports never had this information available. Trust me, I searched when I was debating suspension options when I first got the P5. Then I realized they were junk and said screw it I won't get them. Any time I'm weighing suspension options (especially shocks / struts) I try to get as much information from the factory as possible. If information isn't there, I don't want.

Took a few more pics for an autotrader ad

Also

might be selling my HID foglight projector setup.

Doesn't look right on the Miata

That's how I roll. lol It was only a four mile trip home last night and another five miles to the tire shop this morning. I just took my time.

I suppose for that short of a trip, it isn't really worth it to jack the car up twice and remove/replace two wheels. I know that's the *right* way to do it, but for < 10 miles? Slow and steady wins the race.

You should link the thread...lol

I just moved so im going to have some stuff in the FS section soon. Im going to fully clean out the car for Autox this weekend...Yay. I got in trouble from my wife so I couldnt go last month. lol

Back