What have you done to your MSP today?

That's my point. The OP said the leak was from the left side, but also said from the front main seal, which is on the right side. So is the leak actually on the left side, or the right side. If you're not used to the industry standard, many people state left and right facing the engine instead of setting inside the car, which results in left and right being backwards.

Anyone know of any OEM style hardpipe kits being made/sold that would allow for MAF relocation? I could make it myself, but that's a big pain in the ass and I'd have to make it out of mild/stainless since I can't weld aluminum yet.

I've got this annoying shifter vibration which is driving me nuts. I've already replaced the bushings on shifter rod below. If I push the shifter to the right it goes away. Everything looked good inside when I removed the console and inspected the shifter. Anyone else have this a solve it? Stock shifter by the way.

I've got this annoying shifter vibration which is driving me nuts. I've already replaced the bushings on shifter rod below. If I push the shifter to the right it goes away. Everything looked good inside when I removed the console and inspected the shifter. Anyone else have this a solve it? Stock shifter by the way.

Have you checked the bushings on the linkage on the trans? There are 4 bushings up there that wear out as well.

Have you checked the bushings on the linkage on the trans? There are 4 bushings up there that wear out as well.

Yep checked those out during my initial diagnostic check. The only slop present was at the rear. I hate replacing things just for the heck of it but even though the fronts felt good and did not produce the same noise as the rear.

But since they are old I'll R&R them. If that doesn't do it then its got to be what the shifter sits on inside the car.

Last edited:
-I haven't touched the carbon fiber hood in a week... I need to get on that.

-I was going to pick a clutch up for the MSP this week, but 2nd gear synchronizer finally went completely on the 8. And then the material worked it's way through the transmission and intermittently I'm unable to go into 5th gear.. Or 1st while at a stop unless I'm moving slightly.. So, now I get to replace the RX8 transmission this week.

-The 'Speed is just sitting there needing a clutch and engine management.

-I haven't touched the carbon fiber hood in a week... I need to get on that.

-I was going to pick a clutch up for the MSP this week, but 2nd gear synchronizer finally went completely on the 8. And then the material worked it's way through the transmission and intermittently I'm unable to go into 5th gear.. Or 1st while at a stop unless I'm moving slightly.. So, now I get to replace the RX8 transmission this week.

-The 'Speed is just sitting there needing a clutch and engine management.

Needing some "how to drive a manual lessons"? lol. Sucks how much you have to take the msp apart and reassemble. It's almost as if it were cursed (freak)

So the mechanic shop that I always go to is selling a 03.5 MSP. he doesn't know for how much yet but it has 136k miles... Man I'm getting tempted. Seems like its all stock.

replaced my vacuum line to my wastegate actuator and found out that it was broken at the fitting on the wastegate, so that was good, doesnt seem to be any difference in driving tho so maybe wasn't quite a problem yet...

Just picked up a TurboXS bpv, but then noticed the stock pipe to the bpv broke. So now I gotta figure out a temp solution till I'm able to pick another one up or figure what I want to do. Any suggestions?

Just picked up a TurboXS bpv, but then noticed the stock pipe to the bpv broke. So now I gotta figure out a temp solution till I'm able to pick another one up or figure what I want to do. Any suggestions?

JB Weld. Clean and prep both surfaces and then apply and let it sit overnight. That worked for me for quite a while until I upgraded to hard pipes.

Looks like the msp is finally gonna get a heart. Bought a donor car for the motor and also bought a full harness out of an mp3 so no more abs on the msp either. I'm starting to get more nervous/ excited by the day

Oh..yeah, took it off put the stock one back on. Car seems to be doing this weird this hard to explain. Like a murmur like if it had a sort of exhaust leak but not really, hope I didn't blow a piston somehow

just had a thought while driving around shopping today... how many people would be interested in fitted plastic/fiberglass projector fog buckets for the msp? id make them to fit the msp lip and use the factory bumper fog light mounting holes. i havent test fitted anything yet but i might try it out this spring when i put the msp back on the road and do my retrofit to the p5 lights. im thinking of a matte black resin projector housing and a high gloss black shroud/face plate that would fit the opening.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back